Hector + Thor = Which B Fighter skill?

With SF not needed, assuming I can get Thor, I was thinking of Crafty (or Hardy… need more fodder but I get hung up with Hardy on not getting the big kills on F Edelgard and others without Aether damage).

(Actually maybe not crafty since it already guarantees a follow up like Maltet. Unless two follow ups mean something, like the old “OG Hector with Armads, QR seal, and Wary Fighter” trick. I need to think about this one.)

Until “quickened pulse fighter”, “NFU fighter”, “NCD fighter”, or “surge fighter” comes out anyway.

Anyway, wondering what existing fighter skill you would all want to run with Hector + Thor.

3 Likes

Well Slick would be pointless since he already negates penalties, and Vengeful wouldn’t be needed since he’s already getting the charge +1, Bold Fighter same thing as Vengeful, so that really only leaves Craft, Hardy, Wary, and Daring. Out of those tho Wary is pointless unless QR seal, Daring needs him to focus on PP and be below 80% hp, and Hardy requires losing a lot of damage potential for a dr special, so honestly if you are going to run him with Thorr Crafty would be the way to go. Tho I’d still prefer to just run Special Fighter on him just in case Thorr has to move away from him.

Besides in the case of what NFU, if the foe has a skill that prevents the foe from having a follow up aka something like Wary effect, having 2 guaranteed follow ups on him will allow him to bypass it and not need to speed check (like in your example for og Hector with Wary and QR seal with his og Armads)

4 Likes

Two follow-up-granting abilities will allow you to cancel out one “cannot make a follow-up” ability, but NFU will still neutralize both guaranteed follow-ups. So, it’s not pointless because it stops Impact’s follow-up denial.

As for Hardy, I don’t think it’s a great AR offense skill because you have very little retaliation power. It’s great for defense or maybe if you have another plan for taking out defenders with other units. But, Hardy is ridiculously good for Catria clumps where all you care about is the tanks being nearly unkillable. So, if you gave him Hardy for that purpose, you could try some mock battles against your friends list to see if Hardy works for you on offense.

Also, Special is still good for the Guard effect. If you were using B!Hector for Near Save, you could give him a Guard skill in the A. If you’re using Far Save, SF is fine but Crafty is probably better with Thórr.

2 Likes

Stance 3 for guard, hardy for Pavise, Thorr for breath.

As long as Hecc can counter, if the foe doesn’t have guard, Pavise will be active for every single hit the foe tries to make.

If Hecc has total 50 Def from his Prf, stance, and save (which is lowballing it) and the foe has 100 Atk and NFU, they’ll do 15 total damage.

2 Likes

That is pretty insane. Was that you or @xchan that gave him Hardy fighter? Like Warlock said, you run into difficulties not getting opponents killed in retaliation because of his low attack?

1 Like

Could also just run HF for its partial nfu and stick to Bonfire spam

1 Like

I haven’t given mine HF yet. I’m trying to +10 FJorm for arena, so every merges count. @Dragginz did and I think @Warlock too (it was someone with w in is name… gosh I wish I wasn’t so bad at remembering names). Killing on retaliation is difficult, but if you have PP units in your team, it might be worth exploring.

As for what skill to give BHector, Crafty or Special are probably the safest bets. He really wants guard. I might test a special spiral Ignis build though, just to see if it improves his oneshot potential, as he has had problems with units that have DR on first hit (like BMarianne). Same for Gustav.

3 Likes

oho! Well met, friend!

3 Likes

Yeah, that was me. I got super-lucky and got 5 copies including the spark, so I gave my +10 Nagi and B!Hector both Hardy and they are my Far and Near Saves, respectively, for my Catria clumps. It’s super effective. I have one A!Fjorm at +1 and another at +0 for now, but I might give the extra Hardy to a new red armor at some point or maybe my max-invested Black Knight so that I have a Hardy unit of each color.

1 Like

I wouldn’t give it to BK. He’s got insta Black Luna shit going on so I wouldn’t want to mix him up.

I’ve looked at all red armor candidates for that same reason and sad to say, until we get an inheritable red tome or breath with accelerated cooldown, your options all suck.

1 Like

Yep. That’s why I haven’t pulled the trigger; Black Luna is just so good with the slaying on Alondite. I really want either a 75% DR sword like P!Surtr and V!Gustav or even just a min-maxed Grail/demote unit with good mixed defenses.

1 Like

Your only good option is kid Zephiel… Who of course is seasonal.

But God, look at that bulk…

1 Like

The main things BK has going for him are speed and DC in his weapon, which opens up his A for a Breath if someone has to use the seal Breath. But, that won’t matter as soon as we get a second Breath seal.

1 Like

That is almost Nagi levels of bulk! Impressive!

1 Like

or if you’re insane and put Thorr on defense.

1 Like

Hardy Fighter B!Hector is stupid on offense aswell.

Yesterday my AR-D got attacked by a Far Save Hardy Fighter B!Hector, and long story short, he was unkillable by a ranged unit.
I don’t think i have a single AR-D ranged unit in my barrack able to take down that beast. :feh_genny_mug:

Personally i use Hardy Fighter W!Sothis in AR-O and while she suffers from being green in the current meta (that might evolves, but L!Sigurd/B!Alm are the meta opressive melee threat atm), she still can handle them without issue. :feh_annapat:
B!Hector doesn’t have her speed, but he has follow-up negation, which does work aswell along Hardy.

3 Likes

Good to know thanks. Did he have any form of guard? I’m guessing not if he was far save and needed his A skill for DC

1 Like

Nope, he did not.

1 Like