Help choosing Forma Unit

Hi, im not sure which one to choose between Finn, Leif and Olwen, I think the 3 of them are pretty well built, I currently have a +3 Leif and a +1 Olwen, and Finn could become a grail proyect. What do you recommend?
There’s also my reinhart but i think he’s the least interesting of them.

2 Likes

4 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

:catwave: welcome to the GP community :feh_catria:

4 Likes

Tough to say. Will you actually have use for any of them?

Leif is in an oversaturated unit-type and you most likely have a whole bunch of fast infantry swords already. But if you have a use for a fast sword, he will do a great job with this build.

Olwen is a simple bladetome mage so she’d do perfectly fine even without a premium build.

Finn is okay-ish, but I’m not really convinced by the skill-set that you got.

Waiting for something that interests you immediatelly without having to think about it is always an option as well. You won’t lose the forma soul if you dont use it, so just wait.

5 Likes

Thanks, it was my first post!!!

2 Likes

Finn and Grail units in general would normally be the best choices for this since, unless something changes, they can’t access IVs anyway, so they lose little as long as you’re willing to spend the money.

Leif also looks cool with those expensive skills, and neutral isn’t bad, but I’d recommend Finn over him. The choice is yours.

5 Likes

Hello, welcome to GP! :feh_nino: Hope you enjoy your stay here.
I’d choose Finn if you really like his current build and decide to make him a grail project. Since he doesn’t have access to IVs anyway, he won’t miss anything as a forma, unlike other units who would rather not be neutral.
If you’re not too sure about his build, I’d advise you to wait until the next Hall of Forms event before spending the forma soul.

3 Likes

You can save it for future units if you are not sure. I don’t think these units are very good.

4 Likes

While Lief is in a large field, it’s highly unlikely you’ll normally fodder off repel, LnD 4, threaten Atk/Spd, and Ruptured Sky off to him. Super expensive unit, so I’d hang onto him.

That said, waiting for next time or the time after that is perfectly viable as well. Just make sure if you choose to wait, ensure you won’t regret it the day after these units are no longer available.

2 Likes

I’d say only go for one of these units if you really like them. Your Leif looks amazing but you’d be giving up IVs to get him, Olwen, or Reinhardt. If you’re okay with that, I’d say go for Leif.

As for Finn, he looks really good as well but only get him if you plan on making him a Grail project. You’ll still need 3,200 Grails to max merge him so if you have the Grails or are willing to make that commitment, this saves you from having to use 3,700 Grails and fodder a bunch of units to him later.

Also, welcome! :fgo_ereshwoah:

2 Likes

Thanks for your input, I agree that Finn’s skills are not ideal, I wanted Swift sparrow 3 for A, threat atk/spd for C and ruptured sky but never got them, i’m inclining more towards Leif or passing for the next one. Do you guys know if you could get 2 formas in one event? Assuming you have 2 or more forma souls.

4 Likes

Welcome to GP!

Please set subcategories for every new topic you create

1 Like

I think your Leif is the best

2 Likes

I don’t believe they’ve said anything about this but I believe you will be able to. I bought Leif and the Hall of Forms event is still open as if I could go in and get another unit if I had another Forma Soul.

2 Likes