Help me with Cormag

I’m thinking of different Cormag builds. I’ve laid out some ideas below. What do you think his best build is? Improvements or your best pick are welcome! Thanks!

|

|

|

4 Likes

I like the 1st and last ones the best, but the last one you could maybe run Swift Stance?

6 Likes

Spd/Def Solo is his best A skill in my opinion, but Berkut’s Lance + Distant Counter is also pretty decent for him.

4 Likes

I forgot all about Swift Stance seal. That’s a great idea! Thanks!

2 Likes

Thank you for weighing in! I’m also thinking about Luncheon Lance+ over Vanguard+ for the Spd/Def Solo set. What are your thoughts on that?

1 Like

This is my Cormag. I kept his base skills although I am thinking of swapping out def opening for something else

2 Likes

I usually have this and some changes to it here or there

I did have Darting Stance seal on him before.

1 Like

I find Luncheon Lance to be better than Vanguard in a lot of scenarios. +4 attack at the cost of -3 defense on a unit that’s already reaching a crap ton of defense is pretty worth it in my book.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing. He seems to have a good mix of offense and defense. Glad to see someone who built him too!

2 Likes

My thoughts exactly! Thanks. I’m just hoping the extra 3 damage per physical encounter won’t add up too quick. I reckon that the amount of one-round kills he gains by having 60 Atk vs 56 will outweigh it though.

1 Like

Looks good! Thanks for sharing. That’s a chunk of defense he’s got there. I had thought about Atk/Def Solo on him too.

1 Like

I like the last one. I wish I could merge this guy, I loved him from SS… Would overlap with Thea too much though. Good luck with 'em.

3 Likes

For the first build, steady posture 3 in his A slot gives him the same stat boost and comes with guard, freeing up your b slot

2 Likes

Unless you’re trying to player phase with him, its literally a worse steady posture 3

Mixed phase is a thing :feh_bigbeauty:

1 Like

Yes but everything around the spd/def solo screams EP

1 Like

46 Spd on Player Phase still does give some room for when you want to move though. The skills are mostly EP oriented, but he can still pull PP off to a decent extent. Though SP3 is better for full on EP, yeah.

2 Likes

Yes, which is the whole point of using Spd/Def Solo. It’s multi phase. If you want a pure end phase unit then of course Steady Posture 3 is better, but then he has absolutely no player phase.

1 Like