How are people even REMOTELY capable of maxing anything to lv50? It's just minb boggling that it happens

I went to Machop CD the other day, I don’t even get enough XL to max one Machop and have to convert 50% of my Machop candies.

So far the only Pokemon I can earn my way through is Snover, Drilbur and Weedle.

Can’t even max a starter after 2 bloody months and multiple events featuring them.

And let’s NOT talk about legendaries.

I think XL Rare Candies should drop in raids for level 48 or above players, buddies should get you XL candy and 20km and 5km buddies should always drop XL when caught, but I fear I am asking too much.

It seems like this game has descended into an alien reality within 1 year and not even Genshin Impact would bleed its players dry like this.

Weather boost plays a role (perhaps too big of one) in XL candy acquisition due to there being a larger volume of higher level Mons during said weather boost. My area alternated between snow and cloudy weather throughout Machop day, and as a result, for anyone playing during the cloudy hours, XL candy wasn’t too hard to come by. I know a few people who got enough to bring 2 or 3 Machamps to lvl 50. I know people who didn’t have cloudy weather, and for most of them, XL candy was significantly harder to come by.

It’s a royal pain, but knowing Niantic, improvements will be introduced over time. Some dataminers on Silph already found some code awhile back linked to buddy Pokemon finding XL candy from walking.

On a side note, one Pokemon that you can reliably obtain XL candy for is Meltan, by opening mystery boxes regularly. Now that the Pokemon Home app is a thing, you can transfer Pokemon to that for a mystery box now. No Switch needed. It’s not an exciting method, but you can at least guarantee yourself ~65 Meltan catches/transfers every 3 days. Much more reliable compared to pretty much anything else. Consider Meltan if you need something else to max to 50 for the lvl 46-47 tasks.

1 Like

Can you max multiple of the same species for whatever level you need to take things to level 50? I don’t want my Drifblim to go to 50, just to 2500. Same with Shiftry. Maybe take abomasnow to 50, but not for a while. Thinking about taking my 2nd Melmetal to 50 instead

Beedrill on the way, Glaceon 46.5, Melmetal 50; Probably get stuck on Mamoswine but pretty close. Machamp close to 50. Gyarados at 44 and Charizard 44

Spoofing probably helps. Quitting your job can make it a bit easier too.
#gitgood

1 Like

On a side note, one Pokemon that you can reliably obtain XL candy for is Meltan, by opening mystery boxes regularly. Now that the Pokemon Home app is a thing, you can transfer Pokemon to that for a mystery box now. No Switch needed. It’s not an exciting method, but you can at least guarantee yourself ~65 Meltan catches/transfers every 3 days. Much more reliable compared to pretty much anything else. Consider Meltan if you need something else to max to 50 for the lvl 46-47 tasks.

I XLed Meltan as well.

Seriously? The topic is… “How are people even REMOTELY capable of maxing anything to lv50? It’s just minb boggling that it happens…”. And you have sth at 50, hahahhahahahahaa! Thanks for making my day :cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

I am now ‘Best Buddies’ with My 97% Level 40 Umbreon as of this past weekend – ~4500 Eevee candies, but only ~10 XL candy. So sad. :expressionless:

The requirement for that particular task just wants you to max out 3 Pokemon to level 50. Mine were Beedrill, Melmetal, and Machamp. So while I can’t speak to it personally, multiples of the same species should absolutely work.

bleed its players dry

Oh look, it said it again. You need to find yourself a new rhetoric mate.

I don’t understand how you don’t understand how people do it, despite the fact that you’ve done it yourself… and you don’t even play much as you spend all your time losing at PvP and whining on forums.

Getting pokemon to level 50 isn’t meant to be easy, and some people will benefit from getting more XLs due to weather boosts being optimal for what they are hunting. For example, here in the UK our weather is switching between Rainy and Windy meaning we’re getting more XLs for Mudkip and Meditite.

I just hope for your own sanity that you’re not buying the Kanto ticket, as your brain will explode trying to get shiny Mew.

5 Likes

I’m not a grinder, so I’ll not be maxing out anything anytime soon, but events, nests, weather boost and hatching eggs contribute a lot to getting XL candy. Also, there’s a lot of players that have been playing forever and hoarded a lot of regular candy and even rare candy they can throw away converting to XL to max out rare Pokemon.
I would like XL candy to be easier to get since I would like to max out a lot of Pokemon without making the game a full time job, but I also understand that if it’s too easy the most hardcore players would get bored fast since they would run out of things to grind.

Haven’t seen your posts in weeks and am just glad to know that you’re still doing well. ;)

5 Likes

They are extreme whales. Just like you.

2 Likes

I’m glad you said it first because I would have used more aggressive phrasing.

1 Like

I don’t see how anyone could catch a minun and/or plusle? I did a Bagon raid to use my daily in-person pass. Why do minun/plusle seem rare now…in the past I’d be less surprised to get a shiny than I am now to see one 1km away on nearby

Well, Plusle and Minun are Research exclusive for this event, so yeah, they are pretty rare.

You know I maxed Walrein, Machamp, Excadrill, Abomasnow, Melmetal, Machamp, Umbreon and Beedrill right?

And Machamp costed 50% of conversion, Umbreon costed me most of my Eevee candies and if you want to max a starter just forget about it.

. For example, here in the UK our weather is switching between Rainy and Windy meaning we’re getting more XLs for Mudkip and Meditite.

Swampert and Medicham are dreams.

I guess this is where my mind becomes boggled, because according to your thread title, none of those should be possible. :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

They’re locked behind the “catch 11 pokemon” daily research task. Which is marvellous for all those in Covid lockdown who don’t live near stops.

Yeah, and those are literally the most common ones. (I disagree with Eevee and Machop though)

Give it anything remotely rarer than that like Charmander or Beldum or Mudkip and I can tell you it is simply impossible.