How are some servants summoned in non-peak condition? [LB4 discussion]

So in Lostbelt 4, rather early on it is stated that William Tell was summoned when he was older because that must have been when his aim was at its peak, aka when he was in his prime. I believe its generalized that all servants are summoned in their prime, but how does this work with servants like Kid Gil, Archer Nobu, and Rider Astolfo, etc? Each of these servants has a more powerful alt, so if what Mash said is true they shouldn’t be able to exist as servants

Well start by discounting Summer Servants as technically while we have to pull for those in-universe it’s the same Servant altering their Spirit Core. After that the differences are either due to different version of the same person or only qualifying for a certain class later in life.

There’s a lot of circumstancial aspects to summoning, apparently.
I think the whole “servants are summoned in their prime” thing is actually slightly misleading, because it seems there’s a number of things that can affect in what form a servant is summoned.
Things like using a specific catalyst, and the summoner themselves, the general societal opinion of the servant at the time, the environment, and probably a bunch of other external factors, etc. all influence how they show up.

Also, I’m just gonna pop a [LB4 discussion] thing at the end of your question, just based on the recent spoiler chat the forums have been having

1 Like

Ignore rarities, since they just exist as a gameplay mechanic and aren’t fully indicative of anything beside how much they think the servant will sell

Technically
Archer nobu IS her peak
Venger nobu is an entirely different beast that shouldn’t even exist but just does cause lol

Saber astolfo is just rider astolfo using a different np

Kid gil is normal gil that took a youth potion and exist more as a nod to fans that hey remember this existed and to give players a free gil with his gate of babylon np

A better example would be rama
Who states he purposely summons himself in his weaker saber form for a chance to reunite with sita who can only be an archer

Or Nero
Who uses imperial privilege to summon herself In saber because she dislikes her original class rider

5 Likes

Thanks, I marked it as spoilers but I wasn’t sure if there was some sort of etiquette I needed to follow

1 Like

What you did is fine. You used the tags and mentioned it in the topic description. Better safe than yelled at :fgo_bblaugh:

1 Like

There’s not any etiquette set up as such, I just feel like a specific label would help people out more, but yeah, you did nothing wrong

2 Likes

Thats true, I’ll make sure to remember that in the future.

As for the topic, I guess its just one of those inconsistencies that we kind of have to roll with :feh_lucyshrug:

i mean i literally explained its not an inconsistency :ethiopia:

1 Like

Im sorry, I didnt mean to dismiss you. I meant more so that it is inconsistent in that the various reasons why it doesn’t necessarily apply can vary from servant to servant

Under normal circumstances, a servant will be summoned in their prime. However, what class they are summoned into, their master, and the context into which they are summoned can all affect the version of the heroic spirit you end up getting as a servant. So, hypothetically, if a hero was a great warrior in their youth, but later swore off violence and became an ascetic sage later in life, you might get the younger version as a Saber, and the older version as a Caster.

Most servants tend to be late teens to early thirties, since heroes don’t tend to live long lives. The servants who appear as children all have unique circumstances: Nursery Rhyme and Jack aren’t actual people, Helena was eternally young and disguised herself as older, Kid Gil, as previously mentioned, appears as a call-back to Hollow Ataraxia, etc. Servants who appear older, like Moriarty, were mostly known for their intellect or wisdom, so their age does reflect the prime of their lives.

3 Likes

Li has two primes
:fgo_gaooo:

2 Likes

it is consistent tho
:thinking:
again rairties is JUST gameplay wise and all servants are treated as equal in actuality