How do u all feel about Hans?

I think he’s pretty good. But I hate his character, I hate his game, and He ugly.

Wont be building. :feh_fayeshrug:

15 Likes

Funny thumb man

8 Likes

I’ll give him base kit, merge to +1, and call it good. Same ol’ same ol’ for GHB units.

6 Likes

He has the same problem as Yen’fei, being solo is not a good condition to have.

4 Likes

Literally my only thought: Yeah baby, finally Rouse A/S on a demote, and then even at 4* :feh_thinkinglikelukas:

8 Likes

I’m more baffled that he has a PRF, and a good one at that.

15 Likes

He is solid, might invest some basic stuff into him, but wont buy merges, nor give him premium skill.
Lack of slaying is inconvinient but manigible.
A book or two ago he would be good, but not in todays meta

2 Likes

Being solo is the best condition, all support work from two tiles away making path blocking requier you to be solo anyway. The condition is free, unless you are doing something very specific.
Saviors is a different story, but he is not an armor anyway so that is not really relevant.

4 Likes

My thought exactly… like that is honestly an amazing weapon for a GHB unit. Like I know we’ve gotten other amazing Prf GHB units but for someone like Hans I was expecting some kinda gimmick AR Axe prf

5 Likes

Got to admit he has a good weapon but he can go fall in a bottomless chasm again. 4* Rouse Atk/Spd fodder though so there’s actually something good to come from his death.

6 Likes

Honestly the only time Solo is a terrible condition is when the unit is being controlled by the AI, under player control Solo is extremely ez to accomplish

6 Likes

I made a guide for u on how to activate solo conditions.

19 Likes

New merge project for me. (Way too many grails and F-shez isn’t coming so let’s go).

Already give him vital astra and some other stuff.

Great weapon, premium atk and spd.

With his weapon, he will take a hit with ease, and retaliate with a big swing

3 Likes

This is true for most modes but in Arena things get tricky because of the lack of movement assists

I have had many instances where my units are forced to be bunched together because the enemy team has enormous range and will immediately kill any of my units that step into the red zone (hello, Corrinja)

I haven’t used Solo skills in Arena in a long time as a result

9 Likes

This is why I love the newer Chrom/Lucina’s since their Legendary alts since they all have movement assist Prf’s… and while the only one’s that really scores well are both Armored, they still help a lot. I still use L.Lucina during wind season even if she only scores as a 175 (or 180 I forget how the scoring works with Prf special’s if using Duel 4)

But depending on the season and the map theirs times I can get away with allowing a unit to be solo.

2 Likes

Sadly my L-Chrom is only +6, the Duo is unmerged, Yuri is unmerged, and I have never pulled any Lucina with Future Vision. I have to do without.

Now Cavalry use Solos better in Arena because most of them can Canto out of danger once their job is done, but Hans is a melee Infantry. The weapon is good and all but I kinda lost faith in speedy DR tanks in Arena after speed creep destroyed my Rutger. It’s also why I didn’t fall for the Yen’fay hype.

1 Like

Good thing Hans’ Axe isn’t Spd Dr… but he’ll still need high enough spd to stop doubles otherwise the second hit will hurt him bad

5 Likes

It’s first hit DR which is nice until you realize that some of the most common Duos run Brave weapons (Lynja/Corrinja) and/or have DR piercing (Chrobin)

The most threatening units are also almost all ranged. The DR + counterattack is useless against them unless you run DC, and you still might die if you do that. You want to get them killed before they get you, and melee Infantry are among the weakest at doing that

3 Likes

While true, you aren’t only going to always go up against ranged units… and even if you do, it’s a good thing FeH is a team building strategy game, as I’ve said in another thread 1 unit alone isn’t ment to solo everything in the game.

4 Likes

I’m well aware of that. I’m just saying that, for specifically for Arena, it is difficult to make good use of Han’s weapon condition purely because of what units are most common. There are so many threatening ranged units that my NY Kyza hardly gets any action at all anymore and is just a Rally bot while L-Nanna, L-Julia, and the bonus unit clean up, and I can easily see the same happening for Hans

3 Likes