How do you all handle Stress, Frustration and Anger?

Wheather it be at this game, another game, a person several people, unfortunate events or just life ingeneral.

Not real. Not impactful to my life in the long run. Not worth my time. It’s how I’ve survived playing League so long

21 Likes

simple, I just don’t feel any of these emotions

i have evolved past the need for it

12 Likes

I’m not laughing.

3 Likes

Neither am I. Suppressing emotions is bad. hahahaI’mtotallynotcryingnow

15 Likes

What’s your league nickname ? :o (you can mp me!)

:catpat:

10 Likes

I usually yell and bit myself and punch things

If this is about FEH specifically, it might help to take some time away from the game, or at least whatever mode(s) is/are stressing you out.

11 Likes

usually I vent how I need to and move on, trying not to dwell on it for too long

12 Likes

actually great advice and i recommend this

7 Likes

touch grass

4 Likes

the more you let yourself dwell on stuff that stresses you out, upsets you, angers you etc. the more it’ll consume you

7 Likes

Well…I have a carefree personality so typically I don’t let things bother me that I don’t have control of,feh isn’t as fun anymore especially the current meta so I play alot less naturally (I talk sht sometimes though,but nothing that sends me over edge).

10 Likes

Work out.

If I can’t, go outside, sit down, and meditate for at least a minute straight.

If the weather sucks and I’m not near any weights, plank for as long as i can.

If none of that is practical (or I don’t feel like it), beer.

3 Likes

Seek professional help. Gamepress isn’t for therapy, as all we can do is say what we do, but that’s not for everyone.

I’ve dealt with lots of stress, but I’ve seen my life as very fortunate thanks to the heavy support I have from friends and family. I’ve been to therapists and all I can say is dealing with problems one step at a time.

In terms of Frustration and Anger, what I’ve done with those has traumatized me to where I’m too afraid to take games too seriously. I’ve said extremely hurtful things in my rage and I almost lost people thanks to that, so I’d recommend stepping away from what makes you angry and reassess yourself before either going back to what made you upset, or leaving it altogether and find something else.

14 Likes

Hmm.

Its a hard topic. There’s not really an easy answer. Different things work for different people.

If it’s something not serious (a video game, a stupid argument, etc.), I usually just take a deep breath and calm down. Remind myself it’s not serious. Adjust my mindset and take a break of I need to

If it’s something serious it’s a lot harder to deal with. Even more if it’s something or someone I have to deal with frequently. At that point I might have little choice but to confront the issue head on, because otherwise it’s just going to get worse. The alternative is ignoring it, which just leads to rising emotions and that’s going to end poorly sooner or later.

12 Likes

Drown it out with music! :feh_flaynyay:
Music’s good for your soul!
Good for the mind!
Good for the heart!
Good for the body!
Get a groove goin!
Or even just vibe!
Plus you can mix it with other stuff!
Walk, Work Out, Read, you name it, music makes it better!
It’s the spice of life! :feh_flaynyay:

10 Likes

I find chatting with friends helps a lot though that can be difficult so when that’s unavailable taking a walk or listening to music (Especially slayer given the context) can also work

7 Likes

poorly

10 Likes