How do you all stay F2P with Fate Grand Order?

I really need to learn to conserve my funds especially since I also play FEH and I struggle there too.

3 Likes

Be poor

56 Likes

Remember the PTSD the game gave with the horrible rates and no pity system

13 Likes

Willpower and be broke.

11 Likes

I don’t.

But if I wanted to, I’d keep my cards disconnected from the App Store, stay away from roll threads, and pick only a few targets each year by studying up on JP. Clairvoyance++.

25 Likes

What a helpful Shonx you are.

For me, I’d say I make a list at the very beginning of the year with every Servant I want, when their banner is, how many copies (usually NP2, but like for Reines I was fine with NP1), but I’m not F2P so I budget in buying SQ at times.

But definitely try to plan ahead and really think about who you’re summoning and why.

13 Likes

Simple.
You don’t :feh_thinkinglikelukas:

7 Likes

Pretty much what the others have said already; look at the JP schedule to see what’s coming, pick out a few servants you’re interested in while making sure they’re reasonably spaced from each other (giving you time to recover your stash in case you fail), and then save for those servants’ banners

8 Likes

If you don’t have the willpower and are easily tempted by waifus and husbandos, just don’t keep your credit card info tied to your google play

5 Likes

I’m brazillian, our currency isn’t strong enough to where I can whale or even dolphin at all.

21 Likes

On a related topic, this event gave me my new screenshot for when I go back on my declaration of not rolling:

30 Likes

wow I had no idea the blue filler even goes under the game screen. Maybe 7th anniversary will give us pip support :fgo_insane:

4 Likes

9 Likes

Same
But also, the most efficient purchase in the game is 167 quartz for $79.99. Since it takes on average 100 summons to get a 5* servant, at 3 quartz per pull, that’s $130.63 each. And that’s factoring in the 10th double summons. Even if I had the money, there’s nobody in this game I’m willing to spend over a hundred dollars on.

6 Likes

How do you all stay F2P with Fate Grand Order?

By not pressing the Buy button. :fgo_gudako:

I’ve been F2P all 1,188 days of play.

10 Likes

Dont have credit card like myself :fgo_bblaugh:

1 Like

I like to read up on the psychology behind gacha mechanics and how they can make you pay more money than you want to.

But tbh the most important thing is to just… never open wallet-kun. Especially not for GSSR. It’s a gateway mechanic that’s meant to lower the threshold for other purchases and make you identify as someone who pays for this game. GSSR is not a Bad investment per se, but it’s better to avoid it if you struggle with these things.

EDIT: It also helps if you try to embrace the f2p identify. When you have bad gacha luck take it as an inevitability - you’re f2p, you’re bound to have bad luck every now and then since you have a limited “budget”.

I also try to remind myself of My FEH overspending when urge to buy gets high. Good luck, you’ll make it buddy!

4 Likes

Simple

I’m too Lazy to get a job so I’m Broke af

2 Likes

Yeah, same here. Only GSSRs had value for money IMHO, but that’s because I don’t have a collector mentality for any game. I looked at servants as chess pieces only.–sure I liked the art for some, but I can find art on the web if I really wanted to (I don’t though).

Notice the past tense here… I’ve decided to take a break from FGO because the reason I played (planning strategy) wasn’t cutting it any more, and hasn’t for months now. I might play enough to hold onto streaks, and I have 1745 free SQ so I’ll probably try for Space Ishtar and Castoria when they come around, but in all likelihood, my gameplay days are over. It’s been a nice ride, but I have other things I’d rather be spending time on.

5 Likes

Here’s how: only roll for swimsuit males.

7 Likes