How do you deal with temptation?

Hi!
I’m at the moment thinking about pulling for S!Frederick and S!Sylvain.
My fear is i will spend orbs that i would probably want for CYL4 if Lysithea turns out to be great.

I would like for you to tell me what do you do in those cases where you think you want to pull for a unit but at the same time you want to save orbs or you feel that you may not actually need the unit you want to summon?

2 Likes

Usually by failing and giving in :feh_tooobin:

24 Likes

just dont pull
the odds of getting the unit you want vs not getting it is so low that its not even worth thinking about

6 Likes

Always have the odds present man. It is always likely that we will not get our desired units in few orbs, whenever it has happened before (free summons, 2 in same circle, etc.) those times were the exception to the rule.

For example, I got a free Hilda, but I must be careful because I can feel cocky and expect the same result in another banner, but that is not reality.

Probability is a mean bitch friend, not because of what it doesn’t give you but because of how it makes you feel when it gives you what you want, it’s addictive.

7 Likes

your pfp is beautiful btw

8 Likes

I won a bet

9 Likes

remind myself that I will not feel better, happier, or more fulfilled after impulse pulling even if I get the unit I want

guilt is all there will be

13 Likes

This. I try to think to past times where I did, and didn’t feel good about it, even if I got what I wanted.

4 Likes

ooo curious as to what is was about

2 Likes

Poorly

As for an actual answer, I try to remind myself that while I’ve had a good few notable moments with fantastic luck, I’ve had far more moments with godawful luck and that the high from the good luck is just an illusion trying to trick you that it can easily happen again

3 Likes

I tell myself that it’s not gonna help me compete (because I’m kinda competitive).

I also kinda cheat by not having waifus/husbandos in the first place, so I’m immune to any waifubait they throw.

Mull over your choices and you’ll usually end up favoring your saving goal. Believe me, every single CYL unit turned out great so far, so I don’t see too much reason going for Sylvain or Frederick.

4 Likes

Ever since the “spark summon” was introduced, I have been very partial to the banners that include this feature as it is a safeguard against getting totally washed by randomness. Special heroes banners do NOT have this feature so they are generally lower on my priority list. That being said, I do love FE3H so this is a difficult choice for me especially with CYL 4 around the corner.

9 Likes

I lost

9 Likes

you’ll get em next time
tenor (1)

4 Likes

I rarely pull for the new units, fodder though… I’m doomed.

2 Likes

I won as well but differently

2 Likes

You won nothing gtfo

1 Like

Well for starters stay off feh unless I’m grinding for orbs,I look at my barracks every day so I see all my unfinished projects…I don’t have the orbs to spare on units I’m not merging (unless there fodder) and even less for tempting units like S Dorethea :weary:.

3 Likes

Your heroes in feh are completely without purpose and meaning. They are a mindless distraction and nothing more. Whether or not you have all the heroes you want has no bearing on your life’s outcome whatsoever.

Work on your body and mind, work to start a family and a home, or work to improve those if you already have them. When your life is full of purpose and responsibility, you’ll be overjoyed at the heroes you get and unphazed by the ones you miss.

3 Likes

Check out the ongoing orb count thread! And become one of us… :feh_thinkinglikelukas:

7 Likes