How do you pick your Summoner Supports?

Out of idle curiosity at work, I just up and windered how everybody picks the units that they Summoner Support.

Do you Support your favorite units because they’re your favorites?

Do you Support your strongest units for that little extra boost?

Or maybe you support your weaker units so they get that extra nudge to stay competetive?

How does everybody pick their Supports?

Personally, I am a combination of Supporting my favorites and my most frequent units, but there is A LOT of overlap between those two groups.

9 Likes

I SS my fav, which is Arvis since his release.
And If I had more SS slot than one, I would SS only fav and not meta unit, even if B!Hector would get a slot, he is a fav long before he was meta

I guess competitives players have SS their AR main unit.

8 Likes

Same really. I don’t use Echidna much outside of arena anymore though, but I use the others in other modes regularly.

8 Likes

My favorites all the way. It just happens that my favorites usually are the units I invested to the most, so at the end they’re the ones that i use in competitive modes and my strongest ones. I also alternate a lot, I get bored of having the same units SSed all the time.

7 Likes

It’s mostly strongest/high use units, but there is some overlap there. Bramimond is my most invested unit and only 5* exclusive +10, so he has been my main supported unit for a while. W!Fae is a personal favorite who doesn’t get used as much, but I haven’t cut her from the roster since I’ll hopefully make her my second +10 5* exclusive this winter. The rest are straight up good units like P!Surtr and B!Eirika though.

8 Likes

Favorites, and ones who need the stats. Basically Lyn and L!Lyn really need the stats, and are favorites, so easy pick. OG Lilina I use a lot, so she has one as well (I also really like her character, but not like top favorite), B!Edel has one and it’s not like she needs the stats, but more stats never hurt. I think my last one is Lynja, and that’s because…well IDK really (favorite sure, but she doesn’t really need the stats).

10 Likes

AR carries

Arena units if the stat boost is necessary for a weaker bonus or core unit

9 Likes

Favorites.

Catria makes excellent use of all stats, as will Seth if I stick with the pass to get that 5th spot. Laegjarn is my Favorite Character of all. H!Nowi is a favorite to use as well.

8 Likes

I do my favorites with F!Corrin and her Legendary alt.
But I also did L!Lilina because I use her a lot and she’s probably my most broken unit.

I someday I get the two other slots, I’d probably do Reginn and Mia as well

7 Likes

I often switch between Melady and Severa, because I can’t choose between the two of them ( and I would feel extremely bad if I neglected one of them )

Melady needs the boost more tho, since she is a generic lance wyvern, Severa can nuke effectively without it thanks to her brave effect.

I will only SS characters with red/pink hair, still waiting for a Laevatein refine.

6 Likes

To me, Summoner Support = marriage.
Pick one you would marry and don’t let him / her go.

When supports were added, my first choice was Nino because I really liked her through personality, combat and were used a lot. Now she’s very rarely used.
But I take this matter seriously and avoid changing Summoner Support even if it granted me benefits.

7 Likes

:oncoming_police_car:

10 Likes

:feh_angrynino:

7 Likes

Always favorites, but only if they can make use of all the stats. Even with the loyalty increase to 5 slots, I still want to use it on so many, but since I can’t I’d rather get the most out of it that I can

7 Likes

Also favorites if they need the stats for me

These 3 need the stats the most

Though if I ever get to the point where I unlock the 5 slots, I’ll put their last 2 alts in there even if they don’t need the stats as much :catroll:
I think it’s also worth noting that I have S supported some of my other favorites in the past to get the S in the Hero Catalog, but I don’t intend to switch the summoner support back onto them

6 Likes

13 Likes

Before megapass: 1 favorite, 1 arena unit, and 1 AR unit

After megapass: 2 favorites, 3 arena units until matches are done on day 1, then swap at least 1 of those over to AR for the remainder of the week.

Like right now (they all count as favorites, but Kana and Freyja are the two permanent ones.)

3 Likes

That apotheosis Anna :feh_royyes:

5 Likes

People that dont SS favourites are pretty cringe

6 Likes

True, stats also factor in a bit, as well as how frequently I use the unit.

Elise is my bby, Velouria is a favorite and my F!Edelgard-breaker, Hapi is Hapi, and Noire is just a favorite.

5 Likes