How exactly does turn order work in SD?

I keep on getting taken off-guard with how turn order works in SD, especially when turn order changes to favor one player or another. Thanks!

2 Likes

Do you have Quickdraw as your captain skill?

2 Likes

I do

2 Likes

Then if your opponent doesn’t then you go first. Otherwise I’m pretty sure it’s random to start off, and I think whoever has less units at the start of a turn from that point on. If both players have the same amount I assume it sticks to whatever the previous order was.

4 Likes

Normally (without Quickdraw), blue/bottom team always starts first. Then turn order is decided by whoever has more actions at the end of the round.
Screenshot_20220125-214223_Fire Emblem Heroes
Here, red team starts first because they have 2 actions left while blue team only has 1.

Quickdraw pretty much overrides this and let’s you go first as long as captain is alive. If both teams have Quickdraw then they just cancel each other out.

4 Likes

Okay, that makes sense. Does that mean that selecting end turn allows you to act before your opponent?

2 Likes

Yes, once you hit end turn, no more of your actions will be used up. With proper positioning, it’s a good way to steal the first turn order and snag a quick kill the next turn.

2 Likes

Almost. Blue starts, I believe, but then after that the first person to move is whoever ends their turn with the move available moves remaining. So if you have three moves left and you’re opponent has two left, you’ll move first.

2 Likes

Yes, but who gets blue is random

2 Likes

Tbh I lost a couple of matches because of this until I figured it out. :catslam: Thinking I’ll have two actions in a row but actually getting only one… :feh_corrinmug:

1 Like