How Fast is Too Fast?

So originally this was gonna be a thread about Legault builds, then it was just gonna be about what IV to pick, but now I’m wondering an existential unit question.

But basically what’s “too fast” for a unit? Like when is it just too much investment into speed? If at all? How fast could unit can go? How fast SHOULD a unit go? What IS speed? What’s the fine for speeding?

It’s prolly up to personal preference or by unit but I kinda wanna hear what people have to think on the monumental momentum conundrum.

and also is 51 speed with a speed boon too much for Legault or should I go Attack? (also there’s alot of weird speed tags)

5 Likes

Idk, sometimes I like to think 15 is too fast

4 Likes

These days? As fast as you can

4 Likes

Well here in MI, looking it up, going 5 over is $90, 15 over its $120, and anything over 26 is $155 if that helps you at all

4 Likes

L.Marth: Yes, and the fine is your death.

4 Likes

Is the rate that it takes a body to travel a certain distance in a certain amount of time.

6 Likes

There is no thing as “too fast” these days. The faster you are the more future proof you can be.

5 Likes

Never. Not at the rate speed creep is progressing.

Also for Legault I used the dancer ethelyn manual in codes for the ol windsweep + fan combo

4 Likes

I’ll top you with the Formula for Speed

s=d/t

s: Speed
d: distance traveled
t: time elapsed

5 Likes

You’re both wrong, speed is an anthropomorphic racecar

10 Likes

8 Likes

Depends.

For player phase units, being fast is kinda nice.

For Infantries, they also kind of want speed as they can revert anything to speed check with NFU. Same goes for anything with follow up blocking.

Everything else? Speed is a waste. Just dump it. I don’t even care if the unit has 0 speed.

9 Likes

KAAAA-CHOW

6 Likes

The rate in which the foe is flung from the map after getting spanked by {insert really fast unit here}.

FTFY

2 Likes

It depends on the unit’s role and what it’s trying to beat, speed wise. Generally, if your unit comes with high base speed, max it out. Such units usually get some speed from their weapon. If it’s low, dump speed (don’t add any). If it’s middling, usually leave it alone, but sometimes it can be good to pump for specific units and roles.

Rough guide:

Very slow < 20
Slow 20-30
Middling 30-40
Fast 40-50
Very fast 50-60
Ultra fast 60-70
Ridiculous 70+

Anyone can add 6-7 speed from their A and 4-7 from their S slot, for 10-14 speed. Visible buffs from C or Rallies add 6, usually. And Lulls and Canto effects can add 3 in the B slot. All told, with only a Rally or C slot and no other supportive effects, you can add 20-24 speed, which is enough to climb 2-2.5 tiers in speed. You will need further support to move up a third tier, and four tiers is pretty hard to do without pretty much your entire AR team buffing speed.

As one example, L!Lilina has middling/slow speed to start, but because she wants visible attack, the best way to get that, Life and Death, also boosts speed. So, mine ends up with 39 speed, which is just under my Fast tier. Not fast enough to double any speedsters and enough to beat middling and slow ones. Typically, the slower ones run auto-doubles or big retaliations (Bonfire B!Hector does both), so the best option is to shut that down with Windsweep. Now she safely initiates against most units because speedsters are also usually squishy and AoE + a hit is enough.

6 Likes

7 Likes

Well this is one way to get me to stop thinking about that song

5 Likes

The most cursed image I’ve ever seen on this website to date, well done.

2 Likes