How many dancers do you run on your ar defenses?

(■■■■■■ up the poll, should be 3+, not 4+)How many dancers do you run on your defense team in:

dark season

• 4+

0 voters

astra season

• 4+

0 voters

how many in either season have their weapons unequipped?

• 4+

0 voters

I used to think 2 dancers was best, but I am kind of skeptical now. curious to see how common 0-1 and 3+ are.

2 Likes

I really think they should restrict AR-D to one dancer but until they do I run at most 2 so Lysithea can rally trap over the whole map.

2 Likes

So far 2 dancers are doing well enough for me, and only one doesn’t have any weapon equipped, Y! Azura since she used to attack enemy units instead of dance ally units a lot, besides, her weapon didn’t buff her allies in any way, so…

1 Like

the concern i have with 2 dancers is vs. player phase teams. it is easy for galeforce teams to pick off 3-4 units easily and just leave your defenseless dancers with no one to dance helpless even if they mess up and don’t get 1 turn sweep.

this is improved a lot if the dancer is built to survive at least.

for maps that are based pressruring backlines units, more dances is good.

¯_(ツ)_/¯ I’d rather have a good defense team than rely on dancer spam

no i mean like, i actually think using 1 dancer can be an advantage vs good offense teams. teams that rely on dancer spam are usually only good against supertanks and probably never expect anything else.

also, teams that apply turn 1 pressure to get backline kills can typically benefit from more dancers. but the more common ones that stay back in a tight group, I’m skeptical.

2 Likes

Ohhhh my b

1 Like

sees everyone select 2 dancers
Well i guess I’ve been doin it wrong

1 Like

I used to have 3 dancers in my AR light but stopped doing it because I thought it was too cheap.

1 Like

I run Tamarithys for Anima, Larum on (color-lacking) Dark, and no Dancers on offense (nor a bonus unit 99% of the time).

I have 1 dancer

I would really like to use 2, I think 2 is so much better

But because in Anima I already run a wheelchair (Duma) and in Dark I run 2 wheelchairs (2x Sothis)

So there really isn’t enough space.

I would look at using 2 but I don’t have much space on my ARD teams in either season

1 Like

the problem i have is that most dancers are super squishy, and any player phase strat (once they take out the threats, or at least 3 of them) pretty much can just leave 2 dancers screwed. 2 dancers is great against tanks.

dancers who can be built tanky enough to be frontliners though - i would run 2 dancers in that case. or for a defense team that applied turn 1 pressure.

1 Like

Yeah

Dancers are good against tank strats and hit and run, but more PP focussed like Galeforce leaves the dancers as not great to have

If a dancer functions as a unit that’s a huge upside, like HS!Micaiah as a nuke or something.

yeah. one squishy dancer imo is always worth it. but the second one…i’d consider someone like micaiah or even berkut or something.

lol im surprised, 1 dancer actually tied it up in the poll overall. i’m surprised 0 even got 9-15%.

1 Like

I have no clue what I am doing in AR atm, but I run L!Azura on my defense and Peony for Light offense

I run one dancer. Ideally, your defense teams should have two mythics and one duo unit (with a duo hindrance building), which really only leaves you three units that can possibly be dancers. If two of those are dancers, the rest of your units better be heavy-hitters (Thrasir, Bramimond, maybe Lif on the Mythic roster) and have good color and range coverage. I find it pretty hard to meet all the other criteria and have multiple dancers. At one point I had two dancers, but the AI never really used them well. I think Ground Orders (and to a lesser extent, Guidance and Aerobatics) is a lot better than a second dancer, but it’s a little difficult to squeeze a Flier into my setups. Other good options are L!Lucina and L!Chrom with their difficult-to-predict movement.

1 Like

Excuse me? He’s a catapult.

1 Like

Don’t worry he can be both

Yeah I’m super surprised how little people run dancers on ARD, 0 dancers should be 0%

Just as a tip to everyone trying to make an ARD: you need a dancer

Whenever I see a map without a dancer all I see is a free flawless win

1 Like

That’s why I have Rinea in my Astra defense (Glacies, Fort Def/Res, WoM, double Distant Guard). She does the “Nothing Personnel kid” with WoM, hits Altina, takes the Altina counterattacks like a champ, and nukes the Altina to death. People don’t expect that. And in turn 1, she provides ranged defense to the rest of the team.

1 Like