How to build Sonya

I’m trying to build up more 5 stars in my barracks, and I’m having trouble building Sonya
+Spd -HP
Any help is appreciated

Mirror Impact Special Spiral Iceberg Ploy

I don’t have spiral fodder

Oh
That kills about half the builds…

Ask to @af1899, he could maybe have some interesting advice

1 Like

Here’s what I use. Note this is for AR defense. It’s pretty budget and it works because she gets turn 1 Luna with Infantry Pulse support. I haven’t invested all I probably should into her, but I haven’t changed my defense lineup in months (partially due to laziness). Spiral is her best B slot for sure, but if you don’t have it, she can still be decent. Outclassed by a lot without Spiral, but still good.

3 Likes

(Sorry for the delay, I was having problems with login!, thanks for letting me know @Caleb :ylgrwink: )

Lets see, IVs are about the same as mine but I plan to make her +atk, I run this:

• It has nothing new, basically DB4 to help on offensive.
  • AoE special that works with her tome.
  • SS and HB so special activation is consistent. (Edit: just read you don’t have SS, I’m sorry… couldn’t come up with a replacement yet)
  • [Even Attack Wave] helps buffing herself when the enemies are a bit far and need the attack on an even numbered turn.
  • Draw Back helps moving around or rescuing allies.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Ok, recently came up with an alternative one focusing on salvaging speed and use it to double and prevent physical counters, made she fully merged to preview better stats:

1. [Swift Sparrow] is still exclusive so its LV2 will do, also DB4/3 work since she needs attack power.
  2. To avoid physical treats Windsweep can be used and she gets great speed from recommended A to avoid every of them with some form of DC (topping that with the seal but if you think it’s overkill you can give her Luna+QP or [Chill Spd] seal). It’s a skill coming with Joshua at 4 :star:.
  3. C is same as before, you can use [Even Spd Wave] if you like.

Thought of sharing because I realised you don’t have [Special Spiral], hope this is better!

1 Like

Since I currently don’t have Death Blow fodder, I’m running Life Or Death with my Sonya. Plus my Sonya is +SPD/-DEF so lowering her defense even more doesn’t really matter to me.

Hm, I think there’s no reason to revive this topic.

In any case [Life and Death 3] is actually better for AoE builds, the one I run could use it better as she doesn’t need the defense and her magic bulk would still be fairly good:

[Death Blow 4] only empowers the normal attack(s) and activation of [Heavy Blade 3]

Huh, memories, it’s been like a month and a half?, time sure goes by…

1 Like