How useful is the Guts stacking 3rd skill from Angra Mainyu's SQ?

I ask of you this because I wanted to know if there are some interesting, if niche, strats that can now works with a skill like this in him…

2 Likes

I haven’t used him seriously but I guess he could work well as a last man against Beast enemies.
With his Bond CE providing an advantage and guts plus a Mystic Code he could survive perhaps 3 turns with that skill, which is well within the time limit.
If he has received some buff stacking before hand (like dual Hans in the future) he might be able to deal some nice damage.

1 Like

Interesting… Also, are there any Servants with spammable Guts for their allies?

It might, possibly make him viable in niche circumstances, but you’d probably still be better off with basically any welfare servant. Angra Mainyu is a weak servant, and that’s sort of the point.

1 Like

Asclepius and Iriesviel I guess are the only spammable ones as it is provided by the NP.
There are other servants that can give guts but they are tied to skills such as Paracelsus and Nightingale santa so there is a CD.
I’m pretty sure none of those stack but I haven’t tested.

Edit: They might stack if a gamebreaking bug appears, like that one on the Taiwan server.
But even in that case it should be fixed quickly.

3 Likes

Interesting. Because, I only realised today that he got a strengthening after seeing a non-friend Angra and reading that skill. But I was sure what available options I would technically have and how useful it would be. Thanks.

I see… But what if he were at max Fous and level 100 with a super golden sumo (also at LV 100) or a Guts CE?:thinking:

Wait a minute… Hold up! Are there any 1 time guts that could be stacked onto him?

Or how about that CE that triggers Guts randomly.

Flippin’ heck that’s decent! But that Blackbeard infinite guts vid is exactly how much potential that I imagine this stackable Guts thing having.

Before you go too far down this rabbit hole, realize how much you’re investing just to make a terrible servant possibly viable, this is some serious opportunity cost. Angry Mango has abysmal base stats, even at 100 with 2k Fous he’ll just be in the range of SRs (I always assume 1k Fous), and nothing you can do will ever make him match SSRs. Also, his skills are… Not great. Honestly, if you want multiple Guts triggers, just use Nero. She can actually do something more than merely not dying.

1 Like

I see… You make a fair and valid point. Can’t argue with that logic lol Thanks.

But you gotta admit it’s a pretty nice skill… Were it on a different servant like say Nero or Herc

1 Like

Of course! “Use Nero” is always the most logical solution!

3 Likes

Nero needs more love. Especially a buff her first skill so is acts as an attack buff too.

It’s gotten a buff already on JP that adds a 30% NP battery and an attack buff on “City” and “Near Water” battlefields. Really looking forward to it in about a year!

1 Like

Excellent, more power for the glorious emperor :fgo_umu:

2 Likes

Wait what?! :fgo_grampsnani:?!

Such gloriousness :fgo_umu:! Much Roma :fgo_romadearu:! Sugoi! :fgo_ereshwoah:

2 Likes