How's Your AR Season Going: Round 5 - Thracia 776 Days Of Raids

Yeah I just made sure to do a match just now because of that, not that it mattered since I was attacked 6 hours ago (aka basically right at reset for fucks sake) anyway. Really feeling like Chaos season is not going to be very enjoyable.

1 Like

No, actually

According to this notification, your tier in Chaos season is independent of the other seasons. Unless I’m reading this wrong.

5 Likes

Chaos season takes lessons from SD. After this season, where ever you end up, you will continue off at that exact spot on the next chaotic season.

5 Likes

Yes but what about the season after? Normally it would be light season rn, where I typically get to T27-28 to be in VoH in Astra season. If I don’t do that in chaos season then how does that affect things? Not saying I necessarily don’t think I can for it, kinda hard to say yet. Also just realized that I don’t think I got a kill with my bonus unit on the run I did. That’s going to be a pain in the ass to do…

Not to complain but why the hell are we doing OG AR with tidbits of mid-life Arena again? Ya got the stupid map everyone uses and abuses, then you got the colourless cavs(This time it’s brave users instead of firesweep), and finally to make matters worse if you don’t get a KO with your bonus unit like Arena previously did you’re out 20-40 Lift.

It’s dumb. It’s been a day and two successful matches and I’m already expecting to lose top 3k assuming everyone else is managing better than I am.

5 Likes

Like I said, chaos season just feels like a big thing that nobody really asked for or wanted, and could very well screw over a lot of people. While I think the idea is nice on paper (the changes to how mythics and scoring works in theory makes things more even between whales and non-whales) but the execution doesn’t seem great so far.

4 Likes

For what it’s worth, you can’t even get thrones this week anyway.

I’m enjoying it so far, bonus unit system is fun and the requirement to score a bonus kill means you can’t just autopilot unless your strategy already used a unit from that gen. I’ll see if it’s still fun in gen 3 where I have few good carries, but even then I’m sure I will.

I feel like, even with the new map, it’s laughably offense favored, but that’s okay too–we’re scoring as if we’ve got +30 mythics on offence, so defence losses are not relevant unless you wanted to front page.

5 Likes

Huh… Yeah, I guess no throne. If it stays that way casually strolling through top 5k wouldn’t be bad.

It’d be a lot more fun if it wasn’t the same arch-type each time. Super offensive colourless cav with support to break even HF users due to lack of bulk.

That’s always how OG AR has been. Hyper offense, with Galeforce especially, broke most maps and it looks like this’ll be similar.

1 Like

I think it’s a nice change of pace that breathes fresh air into AR and allows you use other units.

The bonus unit kill requirement can be annoying but it actually entices people to build new teams and makes offense just a tiny bit harder.

Even without the bonus unit kill I still get more lift than I would during normal Astra season so it should be more than enough to reach T38/T39 pretty easily.

3 Likes

It put the bullshit ball back in the defensive court, that’s what I’m seeing.

For a long time even the most cancerous defenses have been “easy” to 1 turn sweep or armor ball away into nothingness… But now without triple mythic stat boosts and dedicated support kits, while forcing you to get a kill with a unit you probably don’t use on the regular, and crippling the morons who’ve relied on double save balls to choose 1 and like it, it’s much harder for offense.

2 Likes

Well the tier 1 bug got me. I didn’t play right after reset and got hit for a -60 loss by the time I logged in again, so that’s fun. :P I swear nobody actually plays this game that makes it. That’s very basic quality assurance that they just didn’t do, which is inexcusable for such a profitable game. Compensation orbs are in order if you ask me!

4 Likes

I just did my match without reading this thread and totally forgot about that too :feh_facepalm:

4 Likes

11 Likes

Nice, looks like we no longer have to try this season :feh_lynsleep: From what I understand… even if you played only 1 time you will still end up in the highest tier :feh_eirikathink: Does that mean the highest tier you could reasonably get to that seaon or just straight up tier 39? They should be more specific about that…

Was this the best solution? If you ask me, for players who lost lift before they had the chance to play, they could’ve made it so that their first defense loss would be ignored. Was this too hard too realise? Putting everyone in the highest tier means everyone will start there next Chaos season. Players who aren’t all that great in Aether Raids may have a hard time there, I bet there are plenty of players who don’t even want to be in the highest tiers and rather stay a bit lower. Also makes it rather random if the defense you encounter is any good…

Chaos season really living up to its name I guess

1 Like

Well, the message just states that we’ll all get the best possible rewards, which I don’t know if it would necessarily mean that we’ll all end the season at T39.

4 Likes

Ah, I guess it’s just the rewards. This part was a bit confusing to me:

I guess they will do it without changing the tier you ended in. But that would still mean that players who got that unfortunate lift loss may have a disadvantage if it ended up keeping them out of Vault of Heaven for example :feh_myrrhthink:

1 Like

Unless IS creates more AR tiers the future of Chaos AR is that the top players will always start in tier 39+. You start exactly where you left off so regardless of whether or not you hit the usual VoH requirements is irrelevant.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying, I guess this solution is fair for the most part then

3 Likes

Murphy’s Law :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

To add insult to injury they gambled a trap and their Nanna survived with only 1 HP left. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

L!Sigurd pathfinder with brave cavs

I totally did not see this coming and I totally did not prepare accordingly… very surprising

6 Likes