How's your Summoner Duel (R/S) season's going?

So yeah… Just got a one move surrender cuz he saw what was about to happen lol

4 Likes

He’s also a 4mvt melee unit, which can be annoying when i’m running a far save.

3 Likes

99% of saves in SD are far saves so… It just works.

If people kicked their addiction to cowardice saves I might stop using all melee.

4 Likes

I think you have perfectly captured why I despise this mode: It encourages the most degenerate play possible.

At least with AR D you sometimes see creative defenses, or fun theme teams.
Never in SD

4 Likes

Mmm, I definitely see more theme teams and teams based around favorite units in SD than AR.

SD you can spend time to outsmart the foe. AR is left completely in AI hands.

Maybe it’s because I’m playing SD a lot, and AR has limits on how many times you can play per day/week.

3 Likes
Great since I learned how to 'enjoy' the mode

Hitting the surrender button for the win!

But the more important detail - I’M RANKED just over 15k with 0 Glory. That to me is a very telling sign that the mode is not one most players want, back when the game had balance it could have been great, but not anymore.

7 Likes

That’s fantastic to see. Not going to have to try all that hard to get good rewards then. Although, the feather amount is kinda tempting.

5 Likes

The fact is : there isn’t a lot of peoples outside of whales and competitives focused players who got enough meta unit merged enough for having 4 “meta” SD teams threatening enough. So a lot of peoples doesn’t even bother doing this mode considering the amount of cancerous strats there is in it.

Now let’s hope thoses abyssals numbers will make IS understand how bad thoses modes are …

6 Likes

That is both true & false.
Sure, any whale you’ll face will have such huge upper hand against you it’s not gonna be fun.

But :

1. There is not that many whales in the game, it’s true for SDS aswell, most players i faced were not whales.
  2. Competitive units are extremly effective in SD even at unmerged or +1. You absolutely don’t need them at +10 (unless you’re against a whale, but see above) .
  3. Some whale litteraly hate Summoner Duel, i even saw Lyndis4ever tweeting about considering to quit the game bcus of it.
4 Likes

Of course you say that because you have a +10 Duo Dagr on your team and she is the most imbalanced thing this game mode has to offer right now.
There is simply no counterplay against her duo skill because I have no way of reaching the enemy while they can reach all of my units with all of their units. The only tiny chance I have to protect my units is to run someone with a save skill and hope for the best.

7 Likes

A 2 range cav, Yuri, or Gurd can all prevent her button from achieving that goal. The foe needs to line their units up like a bridge in order for their “busted” unit to come knocking from across the map.

That’s precisely why I said you don’t need the Pathfinder trio to accomplish the range pressure necessary to keep the opponent from pulling crap like that. 2 moves and you completely own the capture area.

also subjective. I still think it’s new Maria or the DD4 far save/Elimine combo with the typical Yuri/Chrobin pairing hiding behind it. Should’ve just made Chrom/Yuri the duo…

At the end of the day, it is less about the number of people playing the mode, but rather bringing in the cold hard cash. If SD is an excuse for whales to spend, they will support it until the end of time. That’s what they did for 2.5 years in AR. Now that AR is pretty much dead in the water and the whales already have +30 merges of both seasons, they created something new for the whales to keep playing.

Oh and if you all are struggling with Draggin’s Pathfinder Strategy with LSigurd. There’s this old man that is out in the grail shop just recently…

5 Likes

I went ahead and kinda copied your team with the units I had and it’s extremely good on this map actually. I won most of my SDS matches this way because no one banned it. So thanks for the tip. :catlie:

I still think the super unit strategies are easier to deal with. You can just walk around them and kill their allies since you don’t even need to clear the entire team. Especially with Sigurd and pathfinder this works pretty well. I did this today against bonus doubler Marth, Grima, F!Edel and also a Black Knight that I couldn’t beat.

2 Likes

Lol told ya. You determine how far the foe moves forward by your placement of the pathfinders, then ruin it all by repo-ing Gurd next to them.

When you’re so scared of Gurd that you don’t even try…

And you let this shit happen to you…

They have a (presumably near save) Idunn with a pre charged special. What are they even afraid of?

2 Likes

Nope. 99% of saves are far. Hardi/Aegis

The only thing they really could have done is activate Dagr’s duo button though. If they try to repo Lys or Otr into killing range Sigurd would just kill them first.
Anyway that’s exactly why I always ban Duo Dagr if I have the chance.

2 Likes

As others have said before me, SDS is by far the most tolerable of all the SD modes.
You can ban whatever unit you don’t want to face (I always banned B!Hector and D!Chrom, no matter what type of cancer the other teams were made of). This mechanic is imo what gives SDS it’s charm. It rewards the players who teambuild somewhat synergistically across all their teams, without need of high investment or high merges on their units.

Also, as I mentioned before in another thread, the glory cap unincentivizes replaying after you’ve reached the max glory, so that means it’s easier for FTP players to match against easier opponents after day 2.

4 Likes