Hypothetical Blazing Blade Banner: Undying Loyalties

Heya there, guys. I’m finally back, with a new Hypothetical Banner idea for four new Blazing Blade units, and one GHB unit, that I think deserve at least a chance in Heroes. …Man, I am not making this a proper introduction. Meh, anyway, here are a bunch of FE7 units you’ve probably heard of.

So, first is Sain. His base stat spread is 46/38/35/25/13, making him the best offensive cavalier in the game, and I believe fairly loyal to his heavily offense-oriented Blazing Blade performance.

Rex Hasta: 16 MT. Grants +3 Atk. If unit initiates combat, grants Atk/Spd+4 during battle. If cavalry allies within 2 spaces use sword, lance, or axe, grants +2 Atk/Spd/Def/Res to unit, and all alies within 2 spaces.

Rex Hasta helps to soldify his role as an offensive cavalier, with a built-in Swift Sparrow effect, and a small buff to both him, and all melee cavaliers within two spaces, an homage to his role as one of the Cain/Abel cavaliers.
His skills are also fairly simple. Dragon Fang to capitalize on his high attack, Atk/Spd Bond, since, c’mon, Sain just loves being near his beautiful allies. And Wings of Mercy, so he can help to protect his beautiful allies. Overall, I’d say Sain is probably the highlight of this banner.

Of course, wherever Sain gallivants, Kent has to follow to keep him from causing too much trouble, so, next is Kent. His stat-spread is 39/30/35/37/16; making him much more of a sustainable tank than Sain, more keen on standing his ground, defending his allies, rather than charging off into battle.

Garnet Blade: 16 MT. Grants +3 Spd. If foe initiates combat, grants Atk/Def+4 during battle. If cavalry allies within 2 spaces use sword, lance, or axe, grants +2 Atk/Spd/Def/Res to unit, and all alies within 2 spaces.

Garnet Blade is quite similar in performance to Rex Hasta, granting Kent better ability to stand his ground, with a Sturdy Stance effect, rather than Swift Sparrow. This, paired with his 37 base defense, makes him one of the tankiest sword cavaliers in the game, only boosted further by his respectable speed stat.
As for skills, he’s also rather simple. Atk/Def Bond, like Sain, to protect his allies. Chill Attack, to lower the threat the enemies may have, and Spd Tactic, since, Kent is rather more tactical in his approach to battles.

Next up is the Countess of Reglay: Louise. Her base stat spread is: 39/31/30/24/30. While she is most certainly not an offensive juggernaut, she does a pretty good job at tanking ranged opponents, be it magical, or physical if need be, though will require some support to avoid dying too easily. Guard Bow and bracing stance, bring her defensive stats up to a decent enough 34/40 when initiated on, which, while not fantastic, is certainly a nice start. Rally Up Res should help to keep her resistance decently buffed, while Quick Riposte ensures she can at least do sizeable damage to opposing ranged units. If she gets demoted, Quick Riposte will be the skill she needs to bring, but, if not, Bracing Stance, and a reliable source of Rally up Res, and a new Guard Bow source are also quite fine.

Lastly for the banner units, is the Count of Reglay, (and, apparent alcoholic), Mage General Pent, coming in as an offensive green mage, with somewhat decent defense. His stat spread is: 35/37/34/28/20, and his weapon grants no additional stats to him.

Fimbulvetr: 14 MT. At start of combat, if unit is adjacent to an infantry ally, grants +4 Atk/Spd/Def/Res, and opponent cannot perform a follow-up attack.

Fimbulvetr, thankfully, unlike most recent weapons, is not a complete goddamned essay to try to read, but it should still be powerful in its own merit. Being next to an infantry ally, like Louise, will raise his stats, and pretty much guarantee he’ll survive at least a single hit, if not from a red unit, or any unit with a special ready. It may not be earthshakingly terrifying, like most weapons seem to be these days, but it’s definitely an effective weapon that gets the job done right.
Swift Sparrow, when paired with his weapon, should making doubling foes a lot easier, thanks to that +8 boost in attack and speed. Res Feint, pretty simple, just makes it easier to kill foes when he uses an assist, and Distant Guard is pretty much a perfect tool to help assist his wife in combat.

And lastly, for the GHB unit, in comes Ephidel, while never appearing in combat before in the series, finally gets his chance now. His stat-spread is 46/30/16/28/34, taking up the role of a tank of sorts, having the best HP stat of all infantry red mages to boot. His weapon is the Raudrserpent, finally rounding out the trifecta for raven tomes, this time, being free as well. This, paired with Distant Defense, grants him a respectable magical bulk, and to a lesser extent, physical bulk, reaching 86 physical bulk when attacked by a bow or dagger, and 92 magical bulk when attacked with a tome. Dragons will still, awfully fittingly, kill him rather easily, given his pitiful speed. None of his skills are particularly rare, with Distant Defense on Garon, and Attack Smoke on Kaze, but Raudrserpent should definitely serve to give Ephidel some sort of purpose.

Anyway, that was my hypothetical Blazing Blade banner, and it took WAY longer than I’d like to admit to type all of this, and I am really tired, so I’m gonna go pass out now. Tell me what you think of them if possible. I’d really appreciate it.

3 Likes

These look great

1 Like

Has Sain 1000/5

1 Like

No Farina so

homer

3 Likes

But SAIIIIIIN!!!

2 Likes

SAIN

2 Likes

SAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNN!!!

1 Like

Farina

2 Likes

SAIN

Uploading: C9BEB86A-55A4-4998-8EB5-6D76D5CED4E5.jpeg… Uploading: 63B8B15C-6BCF-40E8-B62D-87C363A7E8C2.jpeg…

SAIN

I still don’t know who Farina is.
I haven’t played Daddy Hector’s story

The best FE7 character that’s who!

Also who’s this Not Oscar person? He’s all green with a horse but he’s not even Oscar.

Audino he was one of the first ok units in FE 7
And I just liek shouting

SAIN

1 Like

I just didn’t feel like making another Lance Flier unit :P

ed

2 Likes

Awwww, hey, don’t be like that…Here, I’ll try to build one now as a TT unit

1 Like

Hey guys, are there any Stance or Blow skills for Spd/Res?

1 Like

Swift strike for blows, and I don’t remember the name for the stance, maybe just swift stance

Would they maybe call it Swift Posture? Cause they named it Steady Posture for Spd/Def for whatever reason.

It’s Swift Stance, Spring Sharena has it.