I don't like where I think book IV is heading

So during this chapter we hear an unknown voice like usual. Except instead of the unknown voice saying the usual “come on let’s play”, its begging for help. We find out at the end the voice was Plumeria’s. Apparently the dökkalfr were ones humans, and little plumeria had been abandoned by her mother in a well. Freyja specifies that Plumeria is now an “alfr”, and that her mortal life can now be forgotten and left behind.
Meanwhile Sharena tells us that in her childhood dreams there was a girl who looked just like her, and they would swap clothes, jewelry, and homes. The lookalike would go to the castle for a bit and then Sharena would wake up. Anna makes a passing comment about changelings - alfr’s who can mimic and swap places with mortals. Sharena says she can’t remember the name of the girl who looked just like her.
Grrr… Peony is Sharena isn’t she? Why do I have this nagging feeling that the book will eventually tell us that Peony was once mortal before becoming a ljójalfar, that she and Sharena used to play together and swap places, and that she is either Sharena’s changeling or just Sharena from a different askr. That’s why Sharena feels like she remembers Peony, and that’s why Peony felt like she remembered askr one or two chapters ago.
Have I just been watching too much mat pat or am I on to something here? And if I’m right, how would you all feel about that?

21 Likes

are we just going to ignore that they almost pulled an FE4

20 Likes

Technically triandra is the one who specifically said askr looked familiar but yeah.

The fact theyve brought up changlings means were going to deal with that

11 Likes

haven’t played fe4 what does that mean

9 Likes

I was kinda thinking the same thing with the swappage going on. But to what end, other than the sake of the twist for itself, I’m not sure.

7 Likes

Incest lmao

11 Likes

Correction: amenisa-related incest

9 Likes

Yeah what the heck was that. It should’ve been Anna who was head over heels and Sharena who was more or less fine

9 Likes

there was no amnesia here lol

6 Likes

Technically they are implying it with the potential peony is the real sharena thing/changling subplot
(the alfr not remembering their past lives thing and sharena 100% did drink the nectar in some capacity like 2 chapters ago)

4 Likes

One of Peony’s quotes:

“Why… Why do I want to cry whenever someone says the word “sister”?”

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

14 Likes

That’s why I’m saying Peony is Sharena… but that will be so stupid. What benefit could that possibly have on the actual plot? It’s a twist purely for the sake of having a twist. Lif’s reveal had a major impact on the plot and Alfonse’s character. Peony = Sharena… not so much

6 Likes

Twost for the sake of twist is still a fair possibilty.

Like i want it to be more along the lines of peony & triandra as sisters,
sharena being an honorary alfr might be okay but i dont want it to be ‘lawl sharena isnt who we thought she was but thats okay’

5 Likes

knowing feh writers it’s got a 99% chance to turn out that way

10 Likes

Gustav hardly talks to Sharena, right? If so… maybe there’s a… reason.

10 Likes

Have the characters mentioned that? I mean yeah book III didn’t show him interact with Sharena but that was because the story was laser-focused on him and Alfonse. And the mother acts normal around them.

3 Likes

Sure but sharena and peony’s personalities are incredibly alike so him catching something being off and not getting henriette in on ignoring her is unlikely.

But again feh writers.

8 Likes

Gustav essentially cut her off, pretending she hadnt said anything and she actually stopped talking because of it, like '…'kinda stopped, so its a somewhat historic pattern eestablished.

7 Likes

Literally spoilers, but I’m not offended.
Finishes popcorn

7 Likes

Sorry,like technically all our evidence is spoilery.

But its pretty wild guessing we’re doing.

The fact we’ll probably be right nonwithstanding.

6 Likes