I feel bad for nightingale

Ever since merlin and penthesilia came out she was ignored and people didnt care about her.
Now its her own christmas event and she should have the spotlight but everyone too much focused on saber astolfo

9 Likes

And now that’s getting overshadowed by Eresh’s arrival to NA.

9 Likes

I always liked Nightingale though, and I have both Saber Astolfo and Archer Nightingale on JP. Sadly her Berserker form never showed up even while she was on rate up.
But on NA I have her, and she’s great fun in CQs or as a general support if I need one.

5 Likes

Berserker Nightingale is, unfortunately, a support that needs a support if she’s to have any hope of sticking around long enough. It’s just her fragility as a berserker which is holding her back.
When fighting Beasts, she’s usually really, really good. But outside that you’d need Reines, which is a limited SSR. Not very practical.
I really wish she could ignore defense disadvantages. That’d solve all her problems. May be too strong a buff though. As it stands, you gotta try hard to stack defense buffs on her.

But Archer Nightingale is very good. Packs strong utility with respectable damage.

3 Likes

Unless I’m missing something, don’t you mean humanoids?

4 Likes

She doesn’t get double damaged from Beasts iirc. In CCC Kiara did neutral damage against her which made her the premium stall support for the full powered Kiara fight

3 Likes

Oh right, those beasts. Ignore me then.

4 Likes

Yeah, meant Beast-class, not trait. My bad.

The humanoid buff is nice, but she’s still fragile with it, sadly. Essentially, you gotta try to stack defense buffs with her just to get to neutral levels of received damage D:

It is a shame, cause Nightingale can be really solid for some fights, especially with humanoids involved. That damage cut is no joke. On top of that, her updated NP can really cut down on an enemy NP, so someone would just need a fully-leveled Mash or something similar and a full team could probably tank some NPs without invincibility.

1 Like

Nightingale has one thing going for her over Astolfo saber:

5 Likes

Her biggest issue is she’s just a worse Merlin with survivabilty issues with her only saving grace being her pretty good np… that she’ll never be able to use because she’ll die before she can even get close to charging.

1 Like

I think the La Folia CE is similar to her bond CE so that might be useful for her “problems”? Fragility and damage.

1 Like

Damn near every buster support that isnt Merlin is a worse Merlin. Not really much of a comparasion when your talking about literally one of the best servants in the game.

3 Likes

This was literally my favorite Christmas event so far. I love Nightingale, though I was never able to roll her berserker form. Now not only do I have a welfare Nightingale Archer (that’s level 100), her Berserker form came to me on JP from the banner as well.

It felt like I was the only person who did not give two shits about Saber Astolfo.

2 Likes

Not really… Leonidas and shakespeare cost far less as 2 stars. Leonidas also has a taunt. Helena has a charge, buff and an aoe np. Most of the other buster supports can do decent damage themselves.

They’re both 5 stars that provide heals and a buster buff. There is going to be comparisons between the two. The only reason to pick Nightingale is for her humoid buff or her debuff removals but even then I’d probably use madea lilly because she’s not a squishy berserker.

When I saw her first time I didn’t like her because of strange art. But after America chapter I changed my mind. Nightingale came to my JP acc and I use her in almost every battle. She’s a very nice dd/support and now I hope to get spooked by her on my NA acc.

I just wish she’ll got a skill upgrade that give her a “class neutral” like caster nero for 3 turn. That’s all i’m asking, really. And i encourge everyone to write this everywhere possible and meme it so maybe, just maybe DW make it happen.

2 Likes

And they are all objectively worse at buster support than Merlin, which was the point. Wave Clearing is not a part of supporting Busters so Im not sure why you mentioned it other than “This servant does things Merlin doesn’t”. Because so does Nightingale. Its not really any different .

I’m also mostly indifferent to Saber Astolfo so I’m far more excited about her.
Santa has a beautiful design, nice skills and her animations feels suitably over the top and cracks me up when I use her.
I can even find good use for her when farming.
She can wipe a wave, has potent buffs to help the wave 3 clearer and can make a bunch of stars.

I’m torn about her normal version.
She has proven her utility in harder content but I want her new animations!
The current bouncing all over makes it hard to enjoy using her.

You could use a tank or some defensive buffs.
From personal experience even a simple Georgios would buy at least 3 turns or 4 if he has his bond CE.
His art deck would also help her charge up the NP.

It isn’t exactly the same but for humanoids her defence is almost at the same level as Vlad’s and when I use him for CQs I rarely need the guts so she isn’t that squishy.

1 Like

Same here. Only a bit annoyed that a meme-character like him got an SSR Saber status. Especially given his ascension artworks. We’re basically just clothing him like we did with Boudica.

Nightingale on the other hand is perfect as is. That’s what a Mrs. Santa should look like.
Out of all the Santas so far, she’s definitely the best. Even her NP is really festive with that big Merry Christmas at the end.
I love it.
Her FA art is the icing on the cake. Not lewd, but extremely sexy.

5 Likes