First of all, I do like Leonie. But this thread isn’t to discuss her personality
Feh youtubers have been really positive about S!Leonie and call her a great merge project, if not a ‘‘must have’’.
I don’t think she’s that good of an investment, here’s a few reasons:
- S!Leonie is considered good because of her statline, but the BST of units is always increasing so this doesn’t exactly make her future proof. I would’ve liked a bit more points in Atk and Res as well.
- Her Atk stat isn’t that high, units with high defense are rather common. You need something special like accelerated special trigger, true damage or null follow-up to cut through tanks like B!Hector or an Edelgard.
- She doesn’t come with a preferenced weapon and she will likely never receive a refine.
- She won’t score well in modes where BST matters and I don’t think anyone would recommend foddering C Duel Cavalry to a seasonal without a PRF.
- If you plan to use her in Aether Raids, her options are rather limited. In that mode even Spendthrift Bow isn’t enough to seriously hurt tanks. Firesweep + Double Poison Strike is probably her best build and that’s something basically any Bow Cavalry unit can do. S!Leonie will only do it slightly better.
- S!Leonie is being compared to H!Rolf and B!Louise, while her BST is a lot higher those grail units were never all that great either, more BST is not going to make her top tier.
So, I’ve decided to build Y!Innes instead… yes, this thread was just an excuse to show ya’ll my +10 Y!Innes
He’s just… superior
I’m partly kidding, but he does have a kit that can be considered anti-meta (acces to an instant special with time’s pulse, null follow-up, true damage and negating damage reduction) S!Leonie will go tink against almost anything with high defense or an anti follow-up. So I feel she’s mostly limited to PVE content.
Thanks for coming to my ted talk