I feel like Leonie is being a bit overestimated

First of all, I do like Leonie. But this thread isn’t to discuss her personality :feh_facepalm:

Feh youtubers have been really positive about S!Leonie and call her a great merge project, if not a ‘‘must have’’.

I don’t think she’s that good of an investment, here’s a few reasons:

• S!Leonie is considered good because of her statline, but the BST of units is always increasing so this doesn’t exactly make her future proof. I would’ve liked a bit more points in Atk and Res as well.
  • Her Atk stat isn’t that high, units with high defense are rather common. You need something special like accelerated special trigger, true damage or null follow-up to cut through tanks like B!Hector or an Edelgard.
  • She doesn’t come with a preferenced weapon and she will likely never receive a refine.
  • She won’t score well in modes where BST matters and I don’t think anyone would recommend foddering C Duel Cavalry to a seasonal without a PRF.
  • If you plan to use her in Aether Raids, her options are rather limited. In that mode even Spendthrift Bow isn’t enough to seriously hurt tanks. Firesweep + Double Poison Strike is probably her best build and that’s something basically any Bow Cavalry unit can do. S!Leonie will only do it slightly better.
  • S!Leonie is being compared to H!Rolf and B!Louise, while her BST is a lot higher those grail units were never all that great either, more BST is not going to make her top tier.

So, I’ve decided to build Y!Innes instead… yes, this thread was just an excuse to show ya’ll my +10 Y!Innes :fgo_gudako:

He’s just… superior :cat:

I’m partly kidding, but he does have a kit that can be considered anti-meta (acces to an instant special with time’s pulse, null follow-up, true damage and negating damage reduction) S!Leonie will go tink against almost anything with high defense or an anti follow-up. So I feel she’s mostly limited to PVE content.

Thanks for coming to my ted talk :feh_babyseliph:

37 Likes

I like your Innes

I mean you’re not exactly wrong, Innes is better in every way other than movement restriction

And the Firesweep + 2x Poison Strike build doesn’t make her special when there’s a lot more units easier to merge and give that build to :feh_lucyshrug:

19 Likes

Nah, fren. She ain’t overestimated. I never thought she was good to begin with.

AquaNPGif

Real talk, this is the first I’ve even seen anyone talk about her unit-wise

29 Likes

Feh youtubers have been really positive about S!Leonie and call her a great merge project, if not a ‘‘must have’’.

What game are those people playing and who are they so that I don’t take them seriously?

I also already have a +10 Colorless Cavalry Bow I love anyway. Also merging Innes.

9 Likes

Well, looking at stats, Mininess and Leonie are very comparable. Leonie only significantly loses in the Res department

The main advantages Mininess has are his Prf weapon and Infantry skills like Time’s Pulse. Leonie also has to run C Duel Cavalry if you wish to use her in Arena. I agree he is a better unit than her, but I don’t think the difference is as stark as your claiming

21 Likes

I think S!Leonie is only not that great because she’s a Cav

Her options are much more limited then that of Y!Innes (like you just compared her to) so that’s kinda why she can’t compete as easily

If she was infantry, I think she would have an easier time as she would have access to more meta skills to make her just a tad bit stronger

Edit: I’m not saying she’s bad as a unit, her stats are pretty good, I’m saying the issue is her limited skill inheritance, though she can still be good

12 Likes

Slaying + DR ignore and access to NFU is better than cav movement imo

Especially if you already have a few merges on B!Lyn

16 Likes

But her Amazing Artwork is a future proof investment. :melon: :melon: Ok - i go to horny jail.

Also:
Innes is a little boy.

9 Likes

My Lyn is unmerged :feh_lucyshrug: Although I’m not merging Leonie anyway. (Or Mininess for that matter, but that’s beside the point)

I think Trace skills have given cavs a lot more help, and extra movement is very good in Arena, but NFU and Time’s Pulse are definitely powerful

At least Leonie can use Deadeye, as Mininness is the one bow that Deadeye is not a super great special on.

Anyway, as I said, I agree Mininness is a better unit and a much better investment. But at the same time I can understand why people want to build Leonie.

6 Likes

WTF YOU GUYS HER ART ISN’T EVEN HORNY SHE’S LIKE THE LEAST FANSERVICEY UNIT AT LEAST AMONG THE FEMALES FROM THIS BANNER WHY MUST YOU FIND EVERYHTING HORNY ASDFGHJKLÑ

23 Likes

Most feh youtubers are just really positive, which I can understand, she’s a good unit and the majority of grail units are :poop:

The ‘‘must have’’ is from TACHO:

But oh well… youtubers need their clickbait titles I guess :feh_lucyshrug:

16 Likes

Mini Innes has deadeye in his weapon

All of his specials ignore DR. So instead of running Glimmer, you can run RS, Bonfire, or an AOE

6 Likes

I know this; his weapon is WHY Deadeye is not so great on him

8 Likes

At least he added an “?”, clickbait but not too much :eyes:

8 Likes

But at the same time I can understand why people want to build Leonie.

Sure, she’s perfectly usable. I just wonder who would claim her to be a “must have” or even worth the Grails over cheaper units.

9 Likes

This, I can agree with

She’s one of the better Grail units we’ve gotten but far from the best. If you’re building a TT unit, they sure as hell better be worth that 2.2k -2.7k Grail cost

7 Likes

While I do think she’s good as a FTP Bow Cav, she isn’t some FTP Hero like YInnes or NHana.

IMO, she’s the Cav version of Norne (without Resistance)

8 Likes

Deadeye is expensive. Anybody who doesn’t ask for that shit is a plus in my book lol

6 Likes

To be fair so is Ruptured Sky
I’ve personally pulled more Shinon than Byleth
Although this mainly applies to Arena Mininness

4 Likes

I kinda disagree with her being infantry making her stronger.

If we were comparing just to her own cav self, yeah but if she was infantry you would have no reason to build her over baby innes. Homeboy has a very good prf and costs the same amount of grails, she’d basically be dead on arrival.

As for Cav Leonie, I think she’s better than people here are letting on, but mainly for one reason.

We barely ever get bow cavs. Our last one was Bernadetta and our last f2p one was Halloween Rolf.

She is a decent f2p option in that if IS continues to be stingy with the bow cav class like they have been, she will age relatively fine or even well.

18 Likes