I fixed Jakob's Tray refine

I was bored so I thought I’d correct IS’s incompetence.

Current effect:

New effect: If unit initiates combat, inflicts Atk/Spd/Def/Res -4 on foe during combat. [Dagger 7] If unit is within 3 spaces of a support partner and that partner has HP<100%, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res +3 and neutralize penalties on unit during combat.

I feel this better resembles Jakob’s devotion to protecting Corrin.

Thoughts?

3 Likes

now i want refines to have refines i love this

4 Likes

I’ll be honest, I saw the title and thought “what if someone did this for Titania?”

2 Likes

Grants Atk +3. Effective against Dragons. If foe initiates combated and uses Dragonstone, Tome, or Staff, grants Atk/Res +5 and unit can Counterattacks regardless of foe’s range.

A bit lazy but still plays to her strengths and makes it worth being called “Draconic Poleaxe.” Though that’s more of just a new weapon than a refine.

3 Likes

Time’s Pulse Units are quaking

2 Likes

I mean that’s the point, get rid of the TA effect for her weapon IS :feh_sharenacry:

2 Likes

Really, this is going to need to happen in the future. Older refines especially were only really made to be effective at time of release. Take OG Lyn for example. Brashperation was a good effect at the time and is a decent effect combo, but it doesn’t make up for her abysmal Atk stat. Even some recent refines are going to fall off once later Gen units start entering the refine rotation

1 Like

cries in Parthia refine

3 Likes

tfw Anna’s own alt basically has her refine but better.

1 Like

Omg I never noticed but you’re right

One thing to comment, Jakob would suck more on defense if that happened. Still cool though.

I mean, Parthia refine’s still pretty good. The extra amount of res other newer units have can still be inferior compared to magic damage reduction.

Yeah but it’s only against mages and the other effect is just Atk +6 if foe is ranged. Overall, it’s pretty underwhelming by today’s standards. I’d say even Rebecca’s bow is better.

1 Like

then you realize that it will get a refine eventually and it’ll make it even better

1 Like

2 Likes

yes, perish by apotheosis refine

(you need to have muscles on your muscles)

1 Like