I got 3 brave Hectors

Is he still good if he is do I merge him into +atk or +def or +res

Yes and +res

2 Likes

Yes, he’s still very good

I’d do +atk

1 Like

He really only has Bold Fighter for fodder, so I’d say merge. :feh_birbpeek:
+Res is probably his best option to help him tank well.

4 Likes

RES (res and yes sound the same so imma just say RES xd)

1 Like

me and my +atk Hector don’t need you people

3 Likes

+res for AR, +def for arena scoring, +atk if you can’t decide

2 Likes

Welcome to the “Too Many Brave Hectors” club. I’m still salty about him blocking my way of getting L-Tiki merges.

Of those IVs, either +Atk or +Res would be best. +Def is a superboon but the more common Mordecai has equal Def (and the same superboon) and is much better being a physical tank than Hector because no armor weakness and more movement. As a result, I think +Res would be slightly better than +Atk.

2 Likes

i mean its decent but his weakpoints res… right…?

1 Like

His res is fine

Tf am I trying to rank? Reinhardt?

1 Like

Yeah I was hoping to get more f corrin merges to finish her but got hectors instead

but his res is only 28 :< im still going with my res vote, especially since his atk is already past the 50 mark

If I want a tanky blue I’ll just use Fjorm

Hector is for offensive stuff

hmm good point but i still care about stat placement more xd

I’m just not one to try and make a unit do what they clearly aren’t meant to do. It’s not as bad as the speedy Reinhardt memes, but I think atk is a lot more useful that res since you shouldn’t be having him try to tank powerful mages unless you run Berkut’s Lance or something, but then you lose out on the EP double

4 Likes

i agree with you on atk being more important, but i use picnic flora so she does both, im just used to seeing 60 res xd

Going +res would basically reduce magic damage by 6 per combat, but you’d probably get more mileage (not being doubled) by going +atk and just trying to one shot on the counter instead. He’s not going to survive any relevant mage without one-shotting.

Special fighter + slaying + bonfire will ko the vast majority of mages before they can follow-up.

2 Likes

There’s a difference between trying to do something a unit shouldn’t do
Like a res tank Ogma or speed Rudolf

And a patching up a weakness.
B!Hector has a workable 28 res
With just something like a boon + buff it can reach 37 res, more with a seal if you want to.

Though I do agree that oneshot builds are also an option.
+Atk beats mages better. +Res is more useful in fights with dragons I’d say.
And +Atk focusses on a bait build with special fighter and bonfire. If you want a mixed phase build or use a skill like aether it works less well.

5 Likes

Merge for Res. Gets up to 36 at +10, he doubles on both phases, and already gets a +4atk/def buff on defense. For your consideration…

5 Likes

but the real question is do they want to commit to getting heckboi up to +10?

1 Like