I got image banned on Gamepress Discord…

Just minding my own business heeding his warning and not posting FEH memes then the admin just image blocks me out of nowhere. Okay, abusive admin… lel

9 Likes

Did you ask them why?

8 Likes

I’m not getting an answer, this specific admin doesn’t like me and constantly puts me down and have even contacted the other admins for help, but not getting any help or responses. He blocked another person for posting unrelated stuff to the channel and decided to block me at the same time for some reason. Don’t know why I had to get caught up in the mix. I didn’t do anything…

7 Likes

Definitely sounds like abuse of power then.
Any other mods either there or here that use said discord you can ask about it?

8 Likes

I don’t know about here because I don’t know whose on both places, and contacting them there on Discord doesn’t seem to be helping, so I guess I may just have to suck it up or leave there maybe if this continues to stay like this. I follow rules and don’t cause problems. I just hate how people do this and no one questions it. I didn’t do anything, and to be image banned for posting relevant memes to the channel doesn’t soun right especially if I got blocked without a warning basically.

8 Likes

Yeah that certainly looks like mod abuse

10 Likes

Definitely does not sounds right especially the wording of the mod says it all I would say. If you can’t get the other mods to help you then it sadly looks like you are out of luck.
How is the Gamepress Discordserver normally? The same vibe?

9 Likes

There’s certainly some toxic people like most Discords, but usually they’re just messing around and don’t mean what they say, but this admin specifically is the only one that seems genuinely hostile for literally no reason. No clue why admins and mods gotta be like this. He’s the only admin and mod I see that’s like this, all the others don’t have a problem with me as far as I know. Whatever issues they’re dealing with, I wish they’d not take it out on people who don’t deserve it and deal with their demons in a more appropriate manner…

6 Likes

real messed up man…you are just trying to share your cool memes :catmad:

10 Likes

It’d be different if I was spamming a meme every 5 seconds or posting in the wrong channel tab like posting FE memes in the Pokémon channel, but I’m not, that was the right server and I post things like once a week, don’t see why this had to escalate so bad…
You should use your FEdel powers and beat him up! Jkjk

8 Likes

Memes are made to be shared, im sorry but this looks fucked up from their part tbh

7 Likes

WILL DO :catburn:

8 Likes

report the admin.

6 Likes

Personally I wouldn’t have even bothered censoring the name. Also lookin’ at the list I don’t recognize any of those names even as basic users on here. I definitely don’t have power there either.

One-sided stories are a bit unfair but the more I look at this the more I scratch my head in confusion. Guy looks like he doesn’t really care, IMO. Moving on like it’s nothing and not really a fan of the overall personality. Gets quoted but doesn’t bother explaining reasoning. Doesn’t make a public message to defend against posts like these that may seem one-sided. Doesn’t clarify(Another public message) on why something happened. Shiet job and seems a bit too unapologetic.

I also ain’t trying to start something. Don’t go telling the guy other moderators from this site don’t like his way of administering :P

11 Likes

Like what, Everyone uses SpongeBob memes
Like why?

10 Likes

You mean memes exist outside of Reddit? /s

Like, I get that a lot of memes, even here, are just reposts from there or elsewhere, but immediately defaulting blame to that was the dumbest part of this. Okay, well, really all of that was dumb, but you get my point.

11 Likes

I did go off on him but it was for a small second and he didn’t seem to care about my response as he never said anything after. I’m not banned yet, just image banned… for now, so that’s a plus! But yeah, this is as far as I’d go for anger venting, but if he comes at me again, I’m probably gonna tell him off, even if I get banned. I’d rather get banned then lie down and take it, especially for something as ridiculous as this and just let it brush under the rug.

12 Likes

Well, calling you MF’er is also an abuse of power. No excuse for that under any circumstances. Mod’s are supposed to be held to higher standards if they want the platform to be functional. So many problems with this one. Sorry.

7 Likes

its a shame there are worse discord moderators out there than me :cat:

but yeah this guy shouldn’t even be allowed to be a moderator with that kind of attitude, fuck em

10 Likes

We can change that if you want

8 Likes