I’m screwed( spoilers for DLC final boss)

Help I’m on the is final boss, killed Dimitri and Hilda because I was on the last turn and couldn’t do enough damage, I think I’m screwed

2 Likes

I’m not on the final boss so I’m not looking at the pictures but you are scaring me because I’m on hard.
You should put the spoiler tag.

2 Likes

Might want to label this as spoilers.

3 Likes

Same, I just solo everything with byleth, i am on hard btw

2 Likes

How even

2 Likes

:feh_lynstare: how dare you

Jokes aside, yeah, this boss seems really hard. I’ve seen Ghast’s playthrough and got scared out of buying the DLC.
I’m not sure what kind of strategy you’re going for, are you focusing on breaking the thing’s shield(s)? Having two units with Blaze might help.

1 Like

Honestly the chapter before this is harder than the final boss

5 Likes

yeah the final boss is more annoying than it is hard, i lost claude and hilda on the map before due to some unexpected crits, but the boss was easy enough to finish even on hard :cat:

2 Likes

spam gambits and make sure everyone has above 20% of their hp. i think i ended up killing it in about 3 turns on hard bc i got lucky with the phantoms he spawned and crit every last one of them. also the aoe attack is more helpful than hurtful for your army.

4 Likes

Prioritize healing over attacking. Or else no one is going to survive a counter attack after he does the Umbra thing. I recommend you break 2 tiles, attack the final boss with your strongest units.

Keep your weaker units out of range and use them to take out clones. It’s no use attacking the final boss, doing 2 damage and getting 40 damage in return. Units like Linhardt should do nothing besides healing.

In my experience no one could really face the boss besides Dimitri, Edelgard, Yuri, Byleth and Balthus.

3 Likes

Basically what I did. I surrounded him and gambit blasted him the second or 3rd turn after setting up and proceeded just to chip the hell out of him. Really wasn’t that bad though I’m a casual scrub on easy

2 Likes