I need a good Fates unit to build, what are good suggestions?

After struggling with Marth’s Legendary limited hero I have come to find out that I have very little “good” units or at the very least versatile units which can be used. I have a +10 Soleil but I’d argue she’s decent. I have Kagero at +3 and with the usual desperation LnD build… What are some good/worth while units to build up and invest in for +10 in the fates category? I’m sort of leaning towards M! Kana but I don’t really wanna use the grails since I have other units I want to build with them. is Effie, Arthur, Shigure, Peri or Camilla worth the effort? These limited hero battles are really showing me what characters from specific games I should give more attention to.

3 Likes

Laslow, and both Corrins (male and female) have good refines. It really depends on what kind of role you’re looking for.

6 Likes

Do you have any Fates characters that are 5*exclusives as or right now?
Some of the best fates F2P fates characters are, as @Annie_May said, the corrins and laslow because of all of their great refines. Camilla has high res and decent stats overall, as well as a refine that helps flyer and cav allies and herself. Effie is a decent generic armor tank. If you want a player phase fates unit, Hana is the way to go. Mage killer: Felecia. Shigure will be good when he gets his refine. A F2P dancer is adrift azura from the grail shop. M!kana is also decent from the grail shop. Soleil has good spd and will also be great when her refine drops.

2 Likes

I can tell you this, Saizo tanked L!Marth’s abyssal with a bit of assistance. I completely rely on him and his ability to tank. Some people go a Res boon and CC, the chads go with an Atk boon and CF. :feh_fabxan:

But seriously Spiral and sol is slept on and Saizo is a great user of that set up. Self sustain and all those debuffs will make him a hard unit to kill

I’ve heard people like using M! Corrin but I don’t understand what for I mean isn’t stat wise he’s a bit underwhelming, same thing with his refine? F! Corrin I get because of her new refine but I can’t find many builds which don’t rely on rare skills like Bonus Doubler or Null Follow up.

People use M!Corrin because of his refine being a support refine.

And with a stat refine he’s actually really flexible.

4 Likes

Did you give him CF or Close Counter? I wanna invest in Saizo because of that awesome debuff refine, but I for some reason have no Saizos. Guess I don’t pull on colorless enough. I know his pairing up with Corrin is very synergistic. Res boon though huh? I thought that was more of a throw away stat for him…

His refine is amazing, he gets +2 to all visible stats and gives his support partner +6-+5 stats depending on how far away he is from them. My m!corrin has Yato, support, distant guard, and close guard, so he gives (when he’s within 2 spaces): +5 Atk +5 spd +9 def +9 res when the support partner gets attacked

3 Likes

I’d recommend close foil, but at the same time, there are a lot of dragons in those battles…

Yeah I have quite a few, Opheila, L! Azura, Healer Camilla, but none of them are really invested in since they’re hard to get. I have a 4* Hana +10 but I’m unsure if I’d want to build her right now because I just recently finished up +10-ing Soleil. I hope Shigure and of course Soleil get their refines really soon and are pretty decent. The refines in general have been pretty nice so far!

1 Like

Yeah people say that Saizo cannot be tanky with such a low res stat, they were wrong. My Saizo can tank TA+Raventome but survives with very little Hp. But anyways I run CF with Spiral Sol. :feh_caspar:

2 Likes

I think people really only run Saizo in AR during Light season with Eir for the extra resistance.

2 Likes

Wow I didn’t realize that he’s hitting a nice 37 for both Res and Def. +spd for his Yato? Why not the main Prf refine? Thanks for this, I think I’ll consider building him in a near future considering he keeps popping up every red orb summon.

I’ve never seen anyone run a Saizo IN AR…

Why not the main Prf refine?

Honestly, it mostly depends on you. I, personally, would rather run M!Corrin with a stat refine because his flexibility sky rockets and can run pretty much any build with fairly good results, but if you need a buff unit then that option is also there.

3 Likes

Ok, backup. You. Have. Ophelia. That is all. Put her on a team with l!azura, adrift azura, and another person. Or, if you can only run 1 refresher, run her with l!azura, Odin, and say b!camilla. You don’t need a lot of investment for l!azura, she has what she need in her base kit. And just slap L&D on Ophelia

1 Like

I’ve seen a few people here talk about how good he was in AR (of course this was when he got his refine, it’s been a while since then).

1 Like

Nononononono if you want balanced defenses, you need a res boon for corrin

Any lower budget build option? I sadly don’t have Spiral 3 or Close Fail to spare… I don’t think Fury would be too good on him specially if you’re going to be using him to chance tanking a mage after getting into a battle with a physical unit. Would stance skills or something be decent?

I’ve only seen 1; he tried to tank my cav line, which had b!veronica, Bernadette, who was panicked, Rein, and SM eirika.