I never knew this about canto

I never really considered how canto interacted with skills like Close Call. Tried it out today on my Eyvel. I just think it’s funny to see an infantry retreat 5 spaces after combat:

Also, who did you give the Florid weapons to?

16 Likes

Welcome to V!Palla with HnR in unrestricted, where it’s bullshit and everyone’s tired of it.

7 Likes

Now do this.

16 Likes

13 Likes

I gave Florid Cane+ to OG Olivia, and made that decision with the following logic:

• She’s the only sword unit I’m investing in that doesn’t have a PRF
  • Dancer + Canto = Profit?
  • In-combat Atk/Spd bonuses = Offensive focus?
  • Olivia deserves it

That said, I’m starting to regret the decision.
I’ve only ever had Reginn as a Canto unit, and I’m not sure how I feel about having it on an infantry unit instead.

Olivia’s also struggling a bit during combat in the Training Tower, especially when more modern units appear. It’s not helping that I planned the following build without realizing how much SP grinding it would take to get her there:

12 Likes

You can use the training maps for the SP grinding, Olivia will be fine there. I hope the build ends up paying!

6 Likes

Your mistake, I feel, is trying to push Olivia into an offensive role when she’s thoroughly outclassed at that. Gen 1 unit + no Resplendant + Dancer BST penalty = ouch all around. You can certainly try but against anything that has more than decent bulk she is gonna struggle. I had this problem with my Rutger; even with an Armorsmasher he was doing basically nothing to units like Fatalgard because he’s severely lacking in raw Atk.

Most of the time Olivia will be better off dancing and then Cantoing to a safer spot.

11 Likes

Lene
For funny reasons

1 Like

Not anymore though.

Dude has a great refine

5 Likes

Yeah, that and Vital Astra improved him a lot

4 Likes

I gave that weapon to both Olivia and Silvia, and indeed, no regret.
This is the weapon they’ve been craving for, consistently 5 ATK+SPD + free canto.
Really helpful in Allegiance battle aswell :slight_smile:

I feel like Olivia with NFU can handle a few green unit, and Silvia with her res can handle a few dragons.

@LadyLuna
While there is a few supports skills like sabotage/sudden panic that are good on Silvia, it isn’t the case on Olivia. :< (bcus she’s outclassed by Silvia both in HP & in Res)
However, Olivia has decent defense (unlike silvia), that’s why i feel like she should be built around that.
She can probably deal with B!Edelgard & some green unit, as long as she runs NFU.

2 Likes

WoM is the only support skill you will ever need on a dancer.

4 Likes

Nonsense Emet! Obviously they’ll want buffing skills for their allies too :feh_thinkinglikelukas:

2 Likes

Yeah, those are C skills :feh_thinkinglikelukas:

B slot is free WoM real estate

3 Likes

Don’t forget support seals too :feh_thinkinglikelukas:

3 Likes

On the topic of Canto and WoM though…

7 Likes

WoM is good as long as you enable it in your strategy, otherwise Sudden Panic/Sabotage are better options IMO.

1 Like

Time to turn Nina into Lillith.

1 Like

Did the same thing the moment i got it. Gave it to a gf speedy dancer mitigation swordie. More movement. More dance. More tatics

I just cant stop winning. :fgo_saltersmug2:

5 Likes

I plan to merge Rickard so no inheriting canes for me (not until his manual comes around at least) but if we ever get a sword flier dancer randomly (like how bridal larum wasn’t part of a dance banner but still had dance) then I’d likely give it to them or Silvia.

1 Like