I Regret To Say This But

He’s gone. He really did it.

6 Likes

I’m so sorry for him. I wasn’t a fan but It’s so sad to read this news

5 Likes

shit. my friend was worrying about this guy hardcore. he’s gonna be crushed. praying for him and his family.

2 Likes

I don’t know who this is, but it’s always very sad to see someone go.
My condolences to his family & everyone who knew him.

2 Likes

I’ve only seen him a few times and I was genuinely confused. Many people said he had health issues but others were saying that he was just fine and was just gaining attention, so I didn’t really know what to believe.

I hope for the best for his family.

1 Like

Unfortunate. I think I recall seeing a couple of videos mocking this guy a couple of weeks ago.

1 Like

That’s really depressing. I hadn’t heard anything about him after he got taken into a mental institution, was hoping he’d get better.

1 Like

Never heard of this person but ill leave my condolences for the family

1 Like

All my condolences for the family.i remember his smash videos reactions,he will be truly missed.

2 Likes

@L2P use to show me funny moments from his streams and when all the things started to happen with him I was very worried so hearing this just really crushed me

1 Like

What the heck?? He actually died? That’s awful… :catdespair:

I was a long time fan of him. Started watching him 2017, when he reacted to the Nintendo Switch presentation. Loved him for a long while. He was energetic all the time. And even when it got annoying, I still loved his videos… then I drifted away when he started going mad, the first time. Then, the second time, I just stopped watching him. I didn’t want to deal with him acting insane and being strange again. Then, @I_hate_everything tells me he died… While I’m not crying over this, this is tremendously sad… I remember he had a stream, maybe a few, where he talked about getting old and still being for his fans… but sigh, this is so alien. So unreal. Rest In Peace. I wish he didn’t choose to kill himself, but this can’t be undone. Like water spilling on the ground that can’t be picked up, the same is for Etika’s life now… I’ll stop now. This is so devastating…

What crushes me more is that I was hoping he’d snap out of it. That he’d actually come back to normal, but no… Praying for his family.

1 Like

It really does suck. I’m not particularly mad or sad about it, but it really really does suck. It felt like there was so little to prevent it.
How many times was he in the phyche ward? 3? How many days each? Like 1? I feel like we’re to blame here, especially his toxic fans. Because despite him showing suicidal thoughts and comments, despite having multiple mental break downs, despite getting his own house swatted and him denying the cops to safely and securely come it, everyone brushed it off saying ‘oh, that’s just Edika being Edika, what a clown haha’. And what sucks is that those same people are probably saying, ‘well damn, I didn’t expect this’. Just… Ugh, fuck.
What’s worse is just watching the downfall. I remember his Smash 4 l, Undertale and Awakening/Fates days, when he was happy, had a girlfriend, made great reactions, and he was just happy to make people happy. But then he just declined. Got his channel banned, blocked friends, pushed others away. He started thinking he was better than others, saying he was the ‘antichrist’ and that ‘The revolution will not be televised’ and all that shit. There were clear signs and it feels we did nothing about it.
Ok, maybe I am a bit mad. But there was so much more we could have done, what society should have done.

Rest in peace, Desmond. You truly were the reaction king. You’re with the Meme Greats now, you deserve that spot.

2 Likes

Yeah I heard about that. Sad. RIP Etika. You will be missed man :sob:

1 Like

This is devastating, I always watched his videos which made me laugh. He had a personality that was different to those who were in the spotlight. That’s something that can’t be replaced. I can’t believe someone like him has gone… sending my condolences to his friends and family.

2 Likes

I just hate how his fans were not acting serious. They spammed clown emojis in the chat, called him slurs, downplayed his situation… and now they have to deal with the fact they contributed to his death. Sigh I have a friend who almost committed suicide, so this impacts me more so.

3 Likes

Whoever sees this message, remember your words have impact. Use them carefully. You never know if your words may drive someone to pain, tragedy, insanity, and ultimately suicide.

4 Likes

I’m gonna link some of his best vids, reactions and streams before his downfall. I highly urge you all to watch in his honor, even if you’ve never watched him, he was a really great streamer.

Fair warning to these next two. Don’t watch unless you’re really morbidly curious.

I’m sure these a lot more to show but these were some of his crowning moments

3 Likes

I remember keeping up with the incident where he wouldn’t let the cops enter his house… Felt like it was just yesterday. Wow

I wasn’t an active viewer of his or anything at all, but I do remember his famous Smash 4 reveal to Mewtwo. So, I was always aware of him. Years later I found out he was going off the deep end. Yikes…
It feels surreal to know he actually died…

Condolences to his family.

3 Likes