I think I should become a GamePress editor. Thoughts?

Judging from how Niantic literally ruined Armored Mewtwo in a completely insane way alongside a bunch of other legendaries that either good insanely bad moves or refuse to give them stalling moves (Such as poison) when they are fully warranted, I think I need to become a gamepress editor just to make sure that sometimes writing toxic reviews justify the means.

For example, Armored Mewtwo’s PVE review can be written as:

Go home and sleep. Sleep for 3 weeks, then wake up, there will be a new raid boss. It’s crap, sleep again. HAHAHA!

If I’m GamePress I will most certainly do that. Thoughts?

1 Like

If you want to, go for it, then hope they accept you and forget all those sh*tposts you made. :P

Btw AM2 isn’t useless anyways. There’s always a PvP use, and you could also stock candies for NM2.

1 Like

Submit a resume, GamePress could use a good laugh.

1 Like

Niantic doesn’t come up with the base stats for Pokemon. They never have, and they never will. Those decisions are made by some combination of The Pokemon Company/GameFreak/Nintendo. Armored Mewtwo has different stats than regular Mewtwo because that’s what they decided to go with, and Niantic has to play along. If anything, the varied movepool Niantic gave Armored Mewtwo was a solid attempt at salvaging it by making it a contender for the Ultra and Master Leagues.

A Pokemon’s stats not translating well into Go is unfortunate, but it’s not Niantic’s fault.

2 Likes

As a GamePress editor, you would be the very worst, like no one ever was.

3 Likes

You’re clearly highly motivated to catch the biggest, best pokemon related things and you’re clearly very upset when you don’t.

So, I hope you’ll be pleased when I predict that if you ever wrote an article as staff on an actual website like this, you’ll catch 4 of the biggest, best solicitors known to the various pokemon companies coming after you for signficant sums of damages.

Don’t worry, I’m sure they won’t run away.

2 Likes

I know Mr-Ex777 comes on here a lot and whines when things don’t go his way, but man some of you guys are harsh.

2 Likes

I used to think like this lol. Before the GP community page was out people asked questions on the Q&A page, and one time Mr.EX ranted about random stuff again people started going at him and I thought they were going too far so I wrote a whole paragraph defending Mr.EX, and with that I broke my record of dislikes (as well as likes XD).

EDIT: It’s right here guys.

2 Likes

Every single post of his is just him whining, he never brings anything of value to conversations, and many times his language is completely inappropriate.

The good old days, the up and down voting on the Q&A page. I still feel like it shouldn’t be an issue if he rants on here, it may get annoying and as long as he doesn’t violate any rules of the forum, he should be able to freely voice his opinion. (He does use inappropriate language at times, which I understand is against the rules.)

But one of Mr.Ex’s posts where he said the game was driving him to suicide, joking or not, some people encouraged him to do it, which is horrible. I don’t get why he lets this game effect him so much, but some people were so harsh on that thread that it kinda bothered me. The PoGo community should be welcoming regardless of who says what, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, there is no need to rag on them for sharing it in a forum where that kind of thing is welcomed.

2 Likes

I think these people are voicing their opinions as well lol

While I agree some are voicing their opinions, some are just being harsh for no reason. Mr. EX had one post where he claimed the game was driving him insane, and that he might jump off a cliff. Exaggeration or not, people were encouraging him to do so.

1 Like

It’s not just the whining. In the past, he compared trivial game details like high flee rates (in his opinion) for legendary pokemon to murder and rape. That is insulting to, well, any woman, and anyone who has the misfortune to have their world darkened by the murder of an acquaintance or relative. Fortunately, he has toned that down quite a bit recently. His suggestion that we go home and sleep for 3 weeks of AM2 is, compared to his earlier stuff, quite tame and civilized.

While I’m very glad that he’s taken it down several notches towards reasonable, I doubt that he would remain so restrained if given an official position and the ability to write game press articles. It’s certainly possible that he has grown in maturity, but I’d prefer to see years of change, not weeks, before handing him the keys to a game press article.

2 Likes

Agree with you here. I encouraged him to reconsider his relationship with the game, and to consider therapy if suicide was in his thoughts.

Within reason, yes. If a holocaust denier, white supremacist, misogynist, or terrorist of any type was posting those opinions here, we need to speak up and take action. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but does not have the right to express them wherever and whenever they want. The bottom line here is that there are boundaries of civilized behavior, reasonableness, and appropriate use and content. If someone started posting here promoting Doctors without Borders, well, I think they are a great organization, but this isn’t the place to be singing their praises. It’s partly up to us to maintain these ideas, as a community, and we do it by commenting back, calling out people for inappropriate statements, and forming a general consensus about what is and is not appropriate for this forum. Mr. ex777 has to tolerate those criticisms, as we all do, to be a member of the community.

3 Likes

This is such a cop out, especially on a public forum. To me, you’re entitled to an opinion only if you’re capable of discussing/debating it. Otherwise, anybody can say anything about anything, and even if they’re wrong, nobody can say anything about it.

Mr-ex posts hyperboles, exaggerations and conspiracies, without being able to substantiate anything. He’s whining and not bringing anything constructive to the forums. A few times, his offered solution was to take his own life.

I entirely agree with you that encouraging him to suicide is not acceptable. But his history on here is filled with troll posts. That makes him sound far from credible.

2 Likes