Ideal Vengeance Users

So l know most FEH users think Vengeance/Reprisal are out-classed by other specials, largely in part due to Vengeance’s inconsistency and then reprisal actually just being worse than moonbow. However, l think Vengeance can be a strong burst option on the right setup and right now me and @Tetralogic have found 2 options:
1-Reciprocal Aid+Wrath+Special speeders (Quickened pulse, Grandscratcher, etc)
So this one is my favorite, even if it is a 1-stop neuc, since it doesn’t have to worry about Guard. The only issue is being able to reciprocal aid a unit who gets down to 1 (or low) HP. Thankfully Push 4 and Fury skills exist, and putting those on low-hp units ensures a quick and consistent way to make this set-up work.
Notable mentions: Barst (double wrath), Bartre (monstrous HP and Str), Mordecai (Wo Dao beast weapon+high HP and Str)

2-Seliph
“He has miracle.”-Tetra

So is Vengeance ever ideal? Well…tbh l don’t think so since on all of these units bonfire does the same or more dmg with Brazen Atk/Def. But it’s a funny and dumpster special!
Example build at 5*+0:

4 Likes

Side option: Fallen Berkut

3 Likes

Líf as well, with Sökkvabekkr.

5 Likes

While not Vengeance, I find Karel able to use Reprisal very well. His high HP increases it’s power and he will proc it every time he initiates if: he can double, the opponent doesn’t have hardy bearing, no guard-like effect is active.

4 Likes

Lif is actually better for that too. Doesn’t need to be against Ranged, and he’s easier to attain too

1 Like

I think Seliph was a pretty popular Vengeance option. :thinking:

2 Likes

It’s a shame these Specials aren’t good because their Animation is pretty cool :feh_elisad:

6 Likes

Look. They still suck. Go reciprocal aid, but with special CD and wrath there are other things you can do. Like Iceberg for stuff like Fir don’t you dare Halo. Or just Lunar Arc (which is a broken example I know). But with 1 extra CD you get an AoE, you don’t have to be low HP and don’t have to have Wrath. Seliph could work but why? Even at max performance they barely scrape up better than Iceberg or Bonfire on most characters

I think you actually mean Líf’s team because he does not take damage, in fact with open the future he heals…

Barst actually uses it well with his High HP, Fury weapon + Double Wrath + Time’s Pulse + Double Brazens

2 Likes

Thought this was for Armour Units, & was kinda excited to see troll builds. Now I’m disappointed.

:feh_confused:

1 Like

I mean technically Lif comes around more often then Berkut but he’s also red and Mythic so… :feh_lucyshrug:

1 Like

That makes him more predictable, but not easier to get

If Berkut shows up on a banner randomly, he’s much easier (also he can pity break you, not likely but still)

1 Like

Arden? He’s got the HP for it anyway.

3 Likes

Vengeance looks fancy and edgy, It does give you swag points.
Seliph on AR-D is probably the best and most reliable user, since he can get up to 31 damage vs 17~20 bonfire.

2 Likes

Reading this thread i thought instantly of the Devil Axe Refine on Barst…
With enough investment on him he can fire off a 30~ dmg vengeance+20 true damage every turn, and he’s tanky enough to prepare himself for the murdering next turn.

In combat he has 63/46/44/34 that isn’t too bad

HP+5 isn’t really helpful if its only purpose is to boost Vengeance

An atk seal would have the same effect but it would also boost hits that aren’t Vengeance

3 Likes

Why not +Hp/Atk if you are using that seal?

Idk i just woke up, read the thread and my mind made up something…
I thought: “mmmh vengeance… Let’s slap hp seal”

Actually a brazen atk res would be better…

2 Likes