Ideas for some Book II refines (part 1 of 2)

Leiptr

Effect

Unit can counterattack regardless of foe’s range. If foe initiates combat, inflicts Atk/Spd/Def/Res-4 and inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 on foe during combat.

Refine

At start of turn, if Special is ready and unit’s special triggers based on a foe’s attack, reduces damage from foe’s first attack by 50% and grants Special cooldown charge +1 to unit during combat.

Blizzard

Effect

Grants Res+3. If【Penalty】 is active on foe, inflicts Atk/Spd/Def/Res-4 on foe and grants bonus to unit’s Atk equal to total penalties on foe during combat.

Refine

If unit is within 3 spaces of an ally who has HP < 100%, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 to those allies during combat.

Sylgr

Effect

Grants Spd+3. At start of combat, if unit’s Spd > foe’s Spd, grants Atk/Spd+6 during combat, and nullifies foe’s skills that guarantee foe’s follow-up attacks or prevent unit’s follow-up attacks during combat. Effect:【Dagger 7】

Refine

Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1). If【Penalty】is active on foe, inflicts Atk/Spd/Def/Res-5 on foe, and nullifies foe’s bonuses during combat.

I didn’t make a Gjöll refine cuz the weapon is already good.

PART 2

Laevatein

Effect

Grants Atk+3. Grants bonus to unit’s Atk = total bonuses on unit during combat.

Refine

At start of turn, if unit is within 2 spaces of only a support ally, or if unit is not within 2 spaces of any ally, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+5, and neutralizes penalties on unit until next turn.

Níu

Effect

Grants Spd+3. If 【Bonus】is active on foe, adds 50% of total bonuses on foe to unit’s Atk/Spd/Def/Res , and inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 on foe during combat.

Effect
At start of turn, if unit is within 2 spaces of support partner, unit can move to a space adjacent to support partner, and nullifies foe’s bonuses during combat with support partner.

Býleistr

At start of odd-numbered turns, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+5 and grants 【Ward】 to unit and adjacent allies. Bonus granted even if there are no adjacent allies.
【Ward】: Inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 on foe per attack during combat.

Refine

Before combat, if a【Bonus】is active on unit, inflicts Atk/Def-3 on foe and neutralizes foe’s bonuses to Atk/Def (from skills like Fortify, Rally, etc.) during combat.

I might make Surtr.

5 Likes

I don’t think that they will give legendaries refines, at least for now. (Give Helbindi Guard or lull)

1 Like

How about Laegjarn instead?

1 Like

Bonus doubler for her.

1 Like

:feh_elisad:

But I’m kinda liking the guard sword…

1 Like

Me too.

I feel like Laegjarn has a higher chance since Helbindi already comes with regular guard on his B skill.

1 Like

I’d like something like that on Gunntra
She’s my favourite character from book 2
(I kinda hope to get more merges of her too, she’s so beautiful and funny, not counting how strong)

2 Likes

I really want a Fjorm refine but that looks good actually because it encourages using Ice Mirror

2 Likes

Ice Mirror is her signature skill. It would be dumb to forget it.

2 Likes

And yet… everyone who has an invested Fjorm dumps it. Which is why I think a refine that buffs Ice Mirror is good because as of now Ice Mirror isn’t worth using except maybe for scoring

2 Likes

:feh_maethink: :feh_catria: some are good

1 Like

some what

1 Like

Fjorm really wants Null C. Disrupt in her weapon so she can continue to use Shield Pulse and Ice Mirror together without getting hosed. That seems like enough, too, since having innate DC is already very powerful, though I do like the idea of a breath skill that only works with defensive specials.