If Every Normal Unit Had An Exclusive Skill

Every Mythic/Legendary hero has an exclusive skill (movement/dance, a,b,c skills). Some brave units have them too, like B!Hector. But what if normal units had an exclusive skill. One, it would break the game completely. Two, it’d be fun to see what their skills would be anyways.

For this, I considered units as if they didn’t have personal refines (such as Roy’s QR refine) and only inheritable weapons with refines, their original weapons, and the like; As if the unit was just freshly released to try and keep these skills balanced to the original build. Of course, you can work with these prf’s if you’d like, I just did it to try and work with the basics instead. Any unit, seasonals included, are completely allowed.

Exceptions being, OG leif, Surtr, Zelgius, Sigurd, and any other non Mythic/Legendary unit that has a unique skill. But feel free to improve their skills if you really want to.

Here are my ideas.

OG Roy

A Skill: Human Strength
If unit goes into combat against beast or dragon foes, grants def/res +5 during combat and a special cooldown charge -1 on unit and unit makes a gauranteed follow-up attack.

Hardin

C Skill: Emperor’s Mire
Sword, Lance, and Axe foes within 2 spaces are inflicted with the following effect through their next turns. “Unit cannot make a follow-up attack, if unit initiates combat against a foe with < 75% max hp, unit takes +5 damage from foe’s attacks.”

I am curious to see what you guys come up with. Go wild. :feh_reinyes:

6 Likes

Marth:

Together! (C slot)

Grants Atk+3 and to allies within 2 spaces during combat, and inflicts special charge +1 on foe for each attack (highest value applied, does not stack)

Or

Dragonslayer (b slot)

If unit is in combat against a dragon foe, grants Atk/Spd +6 and inflicts Atk/Def -5 on foes, and neutralizes foe’s bonuses to atk/def from Hone, Fortify, etc

Actually worthless lol because worse than binding shield except on EP

2 Likes

F.Corrin
Draconic Hex: -4 Atk/Spd/Def/Res to all foes within 2 spaces. Grant’s bonus to Atk/Spd/Def/Res during combat = current penalty on each of the foes stats. Calculates each stat bonus independently

1 Like

I was brainstorming and then I remembered the ability charm. I understand it affects hit/avd but I’m still surprised it hasn’t gotten in the game in some way.
Charm: C slot
Grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+2 to adjacent allies during combat.
I suppose Marth’s refine is like this already but that is what I feel like charm would be.

2 Likes

Marth’s refine is a drive for 2 spaces tho, but I suppose like an Omni spur

2 Likes

I know marths is like a drive but I don’t want charm to outshine his weapon.

2 Likes

Yeah true enough

2 Likes

Welp, time to make a broken personal skill because I don’t know how to balance things!

Adrift Mikoto:

C- skill: Calming Presence
When Ally is adjacent to unit and enters combat, ally nullifies penalties and enemy’s in-combat buffs during combat.

2 Likes

This would be cool tbh
More diversity between the units, more reason to use old ones than just because you like them/their refine is good

4 Likes

Reinhardt:

C skill, if foe initiates combat and unit cannot make a fallow up atk then foe cannot make a fallow up atk. Grants a special cool down +1.

1 Like

Gordin: 5 POINTS!! :feh_gordin:

If unit initiates combat, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res +5

5 Likes

I’m so confused. :feh_notlikethis:
Ok I read it wrong the first time, but it needs a name. Also not in C slot as those are reserved for out of combat buffs, and buffing others. B would be most likely. I am also confused by his special cooldown. Are you slowing it like lightning breath or making him special cooldown charge+1. If you are giving him Special cooldown charge+1 I feel like that is a bit to much and should be situational.

2 Likes

Odin:
B Skill: Aching Blood (SP 500)
“Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1). If a bonus granted by a skill like Rally or Hone is active on unit, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+7 during combat. If unit’s Spd > foe’s Spd, deals damage = 70% of difference between stats. (Maximum bonus of +7 damage. Combos with Phantom Spd.) If unit’s Spd > foe’s Spd, reduces damage from attacks during combat and from area-of-effect Specials (excluding Røkkr area-of-effect Specials) by percentage = difference between stats × 4 (max 40%) .”

1 Like

4 Likes

Seems more like a weapon than a skill

Edit… actually scratch that… that’s literally just NY.Selkie’s weapon but based on Spd with +7 omni buff if he has a buff

3 Likes

I feel like an +7 Omni buff should have a drawback. Like you it could be
“At the start of combat, If unit’s HP>= 75%, grant Atk/Spd/Def/Res+7 during combat, but if unit attacked, deals inflict 3 damage to unit after combat. If unit’s HP <= 50%, Inflict Atk/Spd/Def/Res -5 to unit during combat.”

1 Like

“Wings of Despair” - Male Grima
Neutralizes “effective against armored” bonuses. If foe has dragon effectiveness, foe cannot make a follow-up attack.

“On the mark!” - Gordin
If foe’s range = 1 and unit initiates combat, deals +5 damage and unit attacks twice.

2 Likes

“Bad Hair Day” Tobin
Increase the amount of fights needed to increase in bond rank.

2 Likes

why would you kill him so hard

2 Likes

It’s a drawback to being (a bit) more immune to non-Falchion dragon effectiveness.

1 Like