In 2024 we farm grails

Basically if you hate yourself as much as I hate myself and are willing to minmax no matter the cost, then farming lottos for FP and then saving these FP for 6th anniv/Guda5 rerun makes more sense than ever. As now you can turn all of the FP gacha crap not only into QP and MP, but also grails
Yes, coins of servants coming from FP gacha can be used for that as well

This feature actually the best part of NY2022/NY2024 since:

1. Dramatically increases pace of acquiring grails (servant coins give up to 24 grails per year, meanwhile main story+events within a year give usually between 14 to 18 grails)
    1.2 Which further leads to possibility of lv120 more than one waifu (I get it’s already possible, but you can’t really argue that grail-wise it’s really expensive investment)
  2. Makes use of excess servant coins
  3. Creates another side goal for late game, as late game in FGO is quite lackluster

So now I want to hear how does that influence your plans and general thoughts - both on extra grails as well as usage of surplus servant coins.
For me it enables possibility of lv100 SRs, as due to high cost (grail-wise) I was limiting grailing SRs only to lv90.

29 Likes

Also to note, you can mix and match coins so it doesn’t have to be 2000 from one Servant. All that excess lotto FP finally has some use.

21 Grails was such a huge jump this year and that only really started following the 6th Anniversary. It’s too soon to decide how much this will affect future Grailing plans, but it’s making 100+ and Silver projects feel a lot less wasteful

16 Likes

I am all in favor of anything that lets me use my grails more liberally

26 Likes

This is something I wasn’t sure about, so didn’t want to mention without confirming

4 Likes

I was already going to need a ton of FP for Habetrot, but now it has doubled importance so that I can stockpile a couple thousands of low rarity coins.

Mainly because my grailing plans are a mess and I need a lot of them, the next 27 or something all have names written on them.

13 Likes

Honestly it just means my grail plans can expand past my absolute faves to now include slightly less favored or less powerful servants.

3 Likes

I’ll be hoarding my grails till I got enough to 120 my favorites still. After that I’ll use them much more freely!

Euryale, Gareth, Hans and more will finally get the grails due to them!!!

14 Likes

Yeah, I double checked to make sure too because the page translations aren’t always clear, but how the system seems to work is that you can offer only one Servant’s at a time to a single pool.

3 Likes

I am so excited to be able to use those bajillion Servant Coins.

Maybe bond level bump at next anniversary, too?

16 Likes

Maybe they would actually add something substantial to bond 20. If only.

6 Likes

I just care about getting more coins from it.

6 Likes

Coins. Please let it be coins.

8 Likes

Coins are good but I would like something else to show for my dedication to 1 servant. Cuz that shit is 10 bond grails.

5 Likes

You’d still get coins and quartz

Idk what else they could add with the current mechanics except more fous, maybe

Hopefully.

An SSR at NP5 Bond 15 being 30 coins short is just absurd.

8 Likes

How about making their bond ce actually good? That’d be a start.

8 Likes

So all the hundreds of Jason’s and barty’s and mata hari’s I roll obtaining my Arash coins will let me obtain more grails?

:fgo_insane: who else do I want to grail now? :fgo_insane:

11 Likes

I am honestly annoyed they haven’t added a new way to get coins with NYs!

11 Likes

And as much as I love Kama I am NOT getting a USO rolling for np6 for her!

15 Likes

Great stuff. Now a large 100 collection doesn’t seem to be as distant tho still looks as tedious~

I still want those blank coins tho

3 Likes