In the Mind of Selena

Hello everyone,
As already announced, the analysis of Selena is finished and I have to say: What a lot of work it was this time. Rarely do I have to think five times about what I write here to avoid upsetting people, but I think especially here it can’t be avoided. But read it for yourself and make up your own mind about the analysis:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v-a1EU6Tdqf8iDzLKPmZQze-RgJfEoDz/view?usp=sharing

This analysis has definitely made me think about Selena and maybe I will change my attitude towards her in the future. For now though, I’ll give you all a brief insight into what’s to come.

But first, I’m taking a break until November because I really want to write on other projects and I’m only working so hard on the analyses at the moment because I want to make a name for myself on Reddit. In the meantime, however, I will reprint the old analyses for you, as we have already discussed. Most of them are already up to date and I will also make them available for reading via Google Drive. I have already scheduled two analyses in November: Ronan from Thracia 776 and Niime from FE6. Ronan will definitely be very interesting as Thracia doesn’t give much and we have to rely on FEH here. Then in December, to close the year, we will have an analysis on Lif from FEH, our second FEH OC. By then, the Life and Death event should be finished so I can include that as well. And of course I am working hard on a special analysis in the background, but more on that when the time comes.

I wish you all a nice rest of the week so far, hope you get what you want out of the Halloween banner and if you have any questions you can always get in touch with me, even though I probably won’t be able to answer anything until next week.

Subscribers

@GamingBro1
@Sir_of_Coffee
@Tac_Tacc
@SkulduggeryUnpleasan
@E1337gard
@Pyron
@nobody625
@SothisPocus
@Perfain
@Master-of-Old
@Fresh_Tomatoes

4 Likes

I do feel Selena is one of the better done Camus archetype characters.
She’s a lot like the original one save for his tendency to get caught in love affairs.

Selena more than the others builds up her entire identity on being Vigarde’s loyal soldier.
Glen has his brother and is more open to concider the Eirika he’s known, Duessel has his mentorship with Ephraim and general pride as a Grado soldier more than pride as Vigarde’s soldier specificly.
Selena has no real attachment to anyone and anything except her king. She probably fully knows she’s wrong, but emotionally can’t fight for any other cause.

I feel that also makes her differend from Camus. Camus has others infuence him, but (at least at first) he chooses one thing he’s most attached to (his king and country)
Compare also Eldigan who more has an obsessiveness about being a knight, kinda more like a samurai would have where the concept is more important than anything else.
Selena doesn’t fight for honor or for her country. She fights for her own emotional attachment to Vigarde and the identity she has build for herself.

At least that’s how I see it.

1 Like