Interlude Campaign Part 12 Roll Thread : The Halcyon Interlude of Knights, Conquerors and Healers

It seems to be an odd day at Chaldea, not the singularity causing odd, but the quiet Master-Servant kind of odd; a few talks had, some revelations made, other bonds tightened. An interlude to our hectic days…

A day a Knight affirms an oath of possibilities. A day a Conqueror lets his foresight give way to chances of one’s own making. A day to renew some dedications for a Healer.

And Thus The Knight Chased…

Source

She wasn’t special, in this place where miracles of humanity gather, she wasn’t special. Once a brash young girl who had loved and fought, bled and swore on that blood; she was a dreamer that chased and chased all life long.
She had chased her brother in service, a Princess swearing herself to a King’s Army, a foolish, scandalous tomboy bringing shame to her House.
She had chased chivalry, a Woman Knight with a Demonic Shield and Lance, she unhorses men twice her size by sheer will and practice. The White Feathered Knight of Charlemagne.
She had chased duty and servitude, the brave volunteer to bring up the rear guard in a deadly battle with King Agramante that was to be her certain death. It wasn’t bravery, it was belief and stubbornness, to die a martyr or live a hero, her duel was legendary.
She had chased love, a doomed quest to a man she could not be with. She had gone all the same, she had loved and thus she had lived. O’ My Beloved Ruggerio.

A life spent in chasing after impossible dreams, a life spent living to die in hope.

Thus it is natural, that even as I dream and chase after my dreams, I know my own strengths

Brad is something of an overlooked servant. She is known for her NP panty shot, her grating voice, but hardly for her worth as a servant.

Packing a 3T dual steroid boost to her dominant card types on a short CD and high uptime, a def up with Guts also on a short-ish CD and finally a targetable battery (20%) and debuff removal also on a short CD, Bradmante has a pretty nice skillset. That S3 in particular came in handy during the Barbatos Raids in some set ups last year.

As an AOE Quick Lancer, she competes with Parvati and The Valkyries (who are both SRs), and comes up short by many accounts, particularly in her ability to DSS (which the other 2 enable easier). Her damage is not the best. But despite this, looking beyond her ability to loop, she packs a very tanky kit with some utility for her team. If fuelled by arts and quick crits, she fills her gauge up decently fast but is a bit hampered by her hitcounts, while having the staying power to take hits. Her debuff removal+ battery combination is particularly nice to have in some situations.

K-scope and Traces of Xmas are both good CEs on her. Magical Girl of Sapphire too gets a recommendation from me, as does Knights of the Marine. Black Grail, as always is a solid option too if you’re looking to supplement her damage.

Source

After a lifetime of hardships fought, there is another adventure to chase. So she does, with vigour and virtue, cheer and vivaciousness, once again The Woman Knight swears her fealty to the Last Master of Humanity. In her service is honour, in her oath is pride, in her chivalry is justice, but most of all, in her chase is her dreams of fulfillment.

I am Bradamante of the 12 Paladins of Charlemagne. Master, I affirm to serve your chase of this World's Salvation

Source

Source

Source

Source

Source

Source

The Conqueror Believes

Source

He is a machine, a tool, a weapon of annihilation. His only duty was to calculate his way into victory, no matter how bloody, how cruel and how high the toll. He had been assembled for War, had been given purpose in War and had lived by War.

The Village must be burnt, they will rebel. This is War.
The Man must be punished, he has forgotten his place. For traitors are dangerous in War.
He will have mastered all tactics there are to know. There must be a sound plan in War.
He will have foreseen the enemy’s plan before the enemy had a plan and would have it countered. There is only victory in War.
The people may see him as cruel and unjust, they are human, they do not see beyond themselves. They do not realize that sacrifices must be made in War.
Might must make right, so he must conquer for he is the mightiest of them all. It will be decided in blood, flames and War.
The path of a warlord is bloody, unforgiving, cruel and despairing. Yet he will navigate it, he must, he was made for this navigation of treachery, this calculation of balances, this foresight of inhumanity. He is weapon that will command the storm of War.

I will have calculated the shortest path to Victory, naturally for that I am aware of my prowess

Xiang Yu is one of those (much hated by most) servants with a mismatched deck. His NP is Quick, but he has a triple Buster deck. That said, this much overlooked Zerker does in fact know to use this deck to its potential.

Simply put, Xiang Yu is a machine made for crit Unga Bunga. His kit packs 150% crit damage up from skills in 1 turn (+the 8% from his passive), a 30% Buster/Quick up for 3 Turns, an evade that finally comes with a star absorb up (alongside 100% crit up), and stars regen on 3T Ignore Invincibility. His entire kit is a build up to supplementing huge crit damage on his foes. NP with him to create a field of stars (added on to by his S3), pop all his steroids next turn and watch your opponent get vaporized. His Ignore Invincible in particular has times when it’s really neat to have, it’s for a full 3Ts.

Downsides are that his entire kit is built up for that 1 turn of massive damage, and his CDs are kinda long for only working together for big numbers for 1 Turn. His evade in particular, being his only survival tool, you’d almost always want to sacrifice it for the star absorb and crit up instead of saving it for another turn where he’s likely to need the survival aspect of it. Granted, built right, you won’t need that survival at all, cause the enemy would be too dead to attack you anymore.

As far as looping goes, he can kinda loop, but it’s gimped, and he’s meant to be a crit Zerk anyway. See his NP as a way to generate stars, as opposed to loop the enemy dead. Xiang Yu has some really good solo potential that I think I must mention though.

CEs that increase crit damage are really good on him, Holy Night Supper and Oni in Human Clothing get a shout out. Kscope is good if you want to access that NP for stars sooner rather than later. Starry Nights and Victor of the Moon I find to be good on him as well, especially the former. Other crit CEs are also really good on him.

Source

He fought and fought, he was called a tyrant, a merciless warmonger. But for what? A machine, he cannot revel in bloodshed. A cold and calculating tactician, he sees no joy in victory. A weapon meant to bring his enemies to heel, there is no honour or hate in his executions. Why do you wage this ceaseless violence? What is your purpose?

A lesser built machine would not know to answer this, but to him tis was a simple query. Peace, he wages war for peace. For when someone has reached the top, there will be no war under his judicious guidance. The chaos of his era will be done away with. That is what his calculations that broach the realm of clairvoyance tell him, the foresight of a perfect cog of his times.

Yet…

Now I see. Foresight means nothing when the only future you are bound to is yours to make...so this is what it means to be alive. This Xiang Yu, he finally believes in human possibility, Master.

Source

Source

Source

Source

Source

Source

To Dedicate To A Mortal

Source

He is a Healer, all his mortality and divinity he had dedicated to heal. Talentedly, belovedly, difficultly, obsessively, heretically yes, but most truly dedicatedly. War, sickness and even death, all these that ail man, to him they could be overcome, through sheer dogged dedication to his art.

He was born in death, a mother incinerated by a God. He would see her again, he must dedicate himself to heal the malady of death.
He was reared in wisdom, his father the God of truth blessed him to the wisdom of medicine. His teacher, The Centaur Sage, a wise, wise being, encouraged him to cure. He would dedicate himself to this wise truth; to heal, to restore was his pupose.
He was too loved to be left in war. Apollo’s favoured son, too precious to lose to weapons and bloodshed. Thus he was to heal, a safe noble dedication.
He was chosen to a quest, not to fight, but because he was the greatest healer in Greece. Blindness of the King of Epidaurus was a paltry ailment to cure to his dedicated hands.
He was meant for impossible glory, a snake’s whispered secrets his calling. And thus his work bore fruit, for even death could only be cured to his dedicated trials.
He was killed for his achievements, for broaching upon a God’s divine authority. Even his own end would call back to his dedicated passion.
He was made God for his father’s love, his father’s spurned love. He could not stand the bitterness of the man that killed her, could not imagine to be in the shadow of his blessings, could not imagine to thrive on his heritage; yet he was made God for his father’s efforts. So naturally he dedicated himself to surpass that father, to heal better, till he was the God of Medicine. That dratted father was proud of him even so.

I dedicated my being to this art, you think I do not know the extent of my ability?

Asclepius is an outstanding servant for being a 3 star. A support, his true value lies in his skills and NP.

His first skill at base heals for 3k HP, without any investment this is massive. It also has a debuff resistance that’s situationally good to have, it sits at only a 5 turn CD at max. His 2nd skill has ST NP seal (always good to have), with a 20-30% NP gain up for the whole party for 3T. Maxed out at 6T CD, it is a skill that enables NP spam for himself and his allies, allowing for certain loop comps to go smoothly. His 3rd skill is a 20% teamwide battery with debuff removal for the whole party, it’s a very powerful tool to have for CQs, and in cases of servants with debuffs to themselves in kits, allows for smoother operation. Fran in particular can loop thanks to this Doctor’s skills.

His NP is equally powerful, granting a part wide (except himself) Guts for 3 turns (revives based on NP level), applies debuff immune and HP regen (based on OC) for 3 turns.

Together this makes him a very flexible support that can be slotted in for a tricky fight, has his place on farming teams and does very well in stall as well. Unlike Irisviel, his other competitor in the part guts+healing niche, his NP gain is not gimped, enabling NP spam much more feasibly (pretty frequently too in Arts teams).

For an R servant, he is truly a good and a worthy addition to most rosters. He is not without flaws however, his damage for one is anaemic given his stats as a R and support focused kit. While he provides a lot to a team’s survivability, his own survivability can be tricky due to his Guts not applying on himself, some teams can take advantage of this to bring in another buffer by sacrificing him though, so there’s that.

CE options for him include the standard Prisma Cosmos or 2030 for support, though PC in particular is good on slower heal based teams. Kscope and IE get a mention, due to his own battery, it enables him to fire his NP quickly (and be plugged out/killed in some teams). Golden Catches the Carp and His Rightful Place too are good CEs on him. Gentle Affection and his Bond CE get a mention too, both increase healing effectiveness, making your team ultra safe.

Source

All his life he has known the grit of dedication, it had carried him, served him, saved him and driven him. All his life he healed away wounds upon wounds, slowly losing sight of the why and how. To attain perfection he would say, knowing deep within that it was a lie. When the world and its Gods rejected this dedicated wish for perfection, only for them to cruelly bring him back by the word of that hated sire…well what was to be done? He had to reject this world that trampled his perfect cure, there was nothing here worth dedicating himself to.

Or…so it would have been…it should have been. Except perfection was lie, it always had been, for only through imperfection could there be evolution, and only through evolution can mankind conquer every malady known to it. So you see, he had no choice. Dedication was his being, he had always dedicated himself to his art, so even now he would dedicate himself to this world that rejected his greatest dream.

Ahhh this Imperfect World, this cruel imperfect world to which even now I am bound. In the end, I, Asclepius, could only dedicate myself, that was my only destiny. So Master, will you have this foolish doctor's dedication to this world and its salvation?

Source

Source

Source

Source

Source

Source

And so passes, another normally odd day at Chaldea, with the exuberant oaths of the Paladin, the silent observations of a once Weapon of War and the foolish dedications of a Doctor.

So, pray tell, O’ Master of Finis Chaldea, will you accept them into your folds?

If yes, as they say, there's a right time for it all. {BANNER SCHEDULE}

May they arrive at your Chaldea then Masters!

25 Likes

Nice thread, DSS! And good luck everyone rolling!
:fgo_bradamantewow:

5 Likes

Doctor’s 2nd rate up, I had to do it!

:fgo_iwillereshyou:

5 Likes

Ah, so that’s it. I wondered why you’d be so invested in a Bradamante/Kuaiji Zero thread.

3 Likes

What a lovely read! I enjoyed so, so much each Servant’s section. It flowed so smoothly, and you really portrayed them beautifully. I especially liked Bradamante’s, it was shockingly stunning, and made me appreciate her a little more. I’ve never particularly cared for Xiang Yu either but I found myself greatly enjoying his section too. Asclepius is another case entirely, I was just swooning with each word. Best doctor (place shared with Romani).

The gameplay reviews were also super on point. The fanart was also quite lovely (will steal some later when I’m on desktop). 10/10 roll thread, great job DSS! You definitely did justice to these characters. Truly thank you for putting in so much effort :fgo_skadilove:

10 Likes

Well, Doctor’s the main motivation for me to try and make this thread as good as I can. But I really love Bradmante’s legend, I think Fate never did it justice. I like Kuaji Zero enough, I came to like him after he came on Prince’s debut banner, and I actually kinda like his gameplay, lots of big yellow numbers.

8 Likes

Also good luck to everyone rolling :fgo_bradamantewow:

5 Likes

Bradamante has a really interesting legend, and it’s a shame we don’t get more from her. I think she has a lot to offer. Hopefully, her interlude helps.

Ruggerio Servant when?

8 Likes

One day, I shall keep hope.

:fgo_lipburrito:

4 Likes

:fgo_danteskuhaha:

5 Likes

This entire time I thought this Interlude campaign was happening on JP

Good that I have one of these guys at least. Have high expectations for it.

6 Likes

:fgo_voyagersmile:

Thank you! I genuinely think all these characters are interesting in their own ways. And as I said, Brad in particular I think could use a little more faithful interpretation to her legend, poor girl’s been reduced to a panty shot… :catsupine:

4 Likes

First time I have so many of the Interlude servants, so I’m definitely looking forward to it!

4 Likes

Amazing thread, Skills!
The text was written so well, a really lovely read! And the art is both beautiful and badass!
You did great! :fgo_jeannecheer:
Hard to say anything that hasn’t been said already haha!

Best of luck to everyone rolling on this banner! :fgo_daishouri:

4 Likes

Thank you Busti! Always loved these characters, so it had to be done!

4 Likes

Looking forward to the interludes more than any rolling (and it’s not just because I don’t have anything to roll with).

:fgo_bblaugh: :fgo_jeannecheer:

3 Likes

The increased chance to get any of these is worth a Ticket, but my SQ is still for Castoria!

I decided to save my tickets for future waifu banner / Castoria. LOL

5 Likes

No dedicated thread for the interludes themselves so I guess I’ll just post here, bradamante’s interlude gives you 5 proofs and 5 knights medals for only 10 ap if anyone is short on either of those like I am

7 Likes

Also they’ve been giving hektor a lot of love lately, it’s nice.

7 Likes

I wanted a second copy of Xiang Yu on my mostly F2P account. Lord Xiang Yu was busy, but my 207 SQ did not go to waste…

Instead I got:

• 2 K-scopes (1 to go)
  • 1 Prisma Cosmos (1 to go)
  • 6th copy of Diarmuid Saber (My 100% maxed Super Diarmuid is going to be set when we get those coins)
  • 2 copies of Chiron (RP)
  • First copy of Marie, somehow
  • Second copy of Fran, who I had at 9/9/9
  • Medusa Lancer now NP2
  • 3rd copy of Tomoe (RP)
  • 19 additional copies of Asclepius who I already had at NP5

Getting 4 RP was nice because I’m still playing through the tower on my F2P so I have 3 more coming my way by tomorrow. Grabbed one of the Heroic Portraits (Altera on this account) for the +50 Bond CEs.

9 Likes