Is 7 turns too short in Aether Raids?

One of the things I dislike about Aether Raids is the 7 turn limit, especially when you find an armored unit tucked into a corner or have a serious threat like Ophelia on the enemy side. 7 turns just doesn’t seem like enough time and is a little unfair. (At least Arena doesn’t give you that restriction, and you could spend as many turns doing whatever.)

Is 7 turns in Aether Raids too short for you guys?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

I personally am not a big fan of the turn count.
It makes the experience with AR either stressful or tiring.
But people do like it for the challenge behind the limited time.

3 Likes

Personalky I like the Turn count since it brings a challenge to the gamemode when Arena, you can just turtle and have no consequence and IMO not that much planning.

But in AR it makes you feel like every decisio you make is important and the thrill of that is exhilirating for me(I maybe the only one who thinks like this)

As for the question, It’s long enough for me atleast, maybe it’s just biased opinion since my tactic for the most part is galeforce or hit and run strategies and that usually takes about 3-6 turns, depending on the map. Making it longer would cut away at the challenge IMO.

6 Likes

Just wanted to say : No :hridexcited:

2 Likes

I think it’s absolutely necessary. Without it, or, with it extended, half the challenge is gone.

Also, I just want to say;

If you’re having problems with armored units in the corner, bring a dedicated armor killer.

4 Likes

Ah I see you’re talking about the mighty Canas :thinking:

2 Likes

Not exactly the first thing that comes to mind when I think armor killer… but if he gets the job done then sure. Literally Bartre though. Meme God Bartre is one of the best can openers in the entire game.

2 Likes

Hana is also a good option
Oboro as well.

2 Likes

I agree. But even so…

This is just too beautiful to pass up. No fort advantages or blessings used, just pure, unadulterated muscle.

7 Likes

80 visible atk…

3 Likes

The turn limit is more than fine if you have a plan, which you can come up with since you can prepare 5 parties and you can check the enemy map.

Incresing the turn limit may help you, but it would also help those who attack you.

3 Likes

That’s why I have entire team of armor killers as one of my raiding parties.

1 Like

Here’s the team:

Eir is just there for a bit of extra scoring during light season.

3 Likes

To be perfectly honest.
This guy even though not built to counter armors

Performs best in Aether raids against armors. Especially against armored dragons, yes, even M!Grima.

2 Likes

My opinion probably isn’t worth much on this, but I say extend it to 10. Just feels like a quality of life improvement and doesn’t make the mode so effing annoying. Then again, I hardly ever think my tactics through in Aether raids and blaze through maps in less then a minute. Most I do is pick 1 out of the 5 teams I made that best fit the map

1 Like

Also as for the actual quest, eh maybe. Turn 7 should at least have an enemy phase too.

3 Likes

I’ve had this little lady kill M!Grima before with her sky high res. Also I just realized that the copy I got when going for L!Lucina last L!Banner is +res, so I should probably merge into that copy.

1 Like

While I’m not a fan of AR, the turn limit is part of the mode’s appeal. Every move you make counts and it adds quite a bit of tension. You need to scope out how to wipe out the defense squad and (ideally) get their Aether Pots as well without losing everyone.

It’s not really my thing, but it is satisfying when you manage to get all of that to work.

1 Like

I agree with this. I personally think 7 is a solid number of turns, but no enemy phase on turn 7 sucks for EP builds and units. Outside of that, I’d be okay if they increased the turn count a little (maybe it would discourage boring stalling defenses), but not too much.

I think the turn limit is the only reason we have replays, unlike any arena matches your defense teams gets.

1 Like

I love corner units, makes it much easier to battle. Nothing like having 1 less unit to fight initially and worry about getting danced, rallied, etc. I bring Est, she easily defeats any armor unit including Surtr, Winter Fae, etc. She counters every armor in the game hard. Same thing with boxed in units too, those maps are easy as well.

1 Like