Is Caellach spd worth working on it?

We have received multiple slow axe infantry units recently like Mustafa, Caellach and now Balthus, the three are simillar but Balthus is the slowest and Caellach is the fastest, still 27 spd is not exactly good, 31 with superboon and 35 at +10, with spd/def solo he can get 41 def/spd when he is alone, I dont expect him to be a spurn user but that at least he doesnt get doubled by everything, maybe run him with NFU and a good inheritable axe, do you think is spd is workable or he should dump it and get doubled by everything and their moms.

1 Like

100% dump it, 41 speed with all effects active is very bad when most speedy units can get over 60 speed with those same conditions. Just invest in his bulk and atk, he makes for a good mixed tank.

2 Likes

Not worth it. 41 speed isn’t nearly enough for pvp. And if you want a speedy axe, it’s better to use someone like N!Hana, who’s already fast, instead of heavily investing in a slow unit just to bring their speed up to passable.

2 Likes

Let me assure you, there is no such thing as unsalvageable spd.

You just need the right amount of willingness and desperation to make it work.
Go for it!

8 Likes

Nein. Just do what I did with Orochi and make him an invincible ohko machine.

2 Likes

I think his statline is well suited to countering these 15 spd (at 0 merge) tanks we get nowadays. He has mixed bulk, enough spd to double reliably with NFU, and a lot of atk. 31 spd without boon is just fine for this role, especially if there are rallies or other buffs in case one of these slow tanks decides to pick up a spd rally

3 Likes

If you want a speedy axe unit, use a N!Hana, Lifis or even Raven.

Ceallach is perfect as bait unit using plegian
Mine is my arena carry, being the unit that brings down the most scary foes, thx to him I reached tier 21 a few times now

The speed has a use, it’s just enough that pretty much any slow unit using anti-followup will still be doubled due to QR

4 Likes

Can it work? Yes.
Do I recommend it? Not really.

Though in general I can’t really recommend building Caellach nowadays sadly. Not because of N!Hana (he always had the advantage of costing less Grails) but because of Balthus who just mostly does his job better. Yes it will take a while to get all the copies but I’d still prefer that over spending Grails on a weaker and lower scoring alternative.

4 Likes

While he will lose a speed contest with Hana, he can be used to fulfill the same roll, according to Akariss.

1 Like