Is Charlotte as strong as Effie in CANON?

I remember a friend telling me Charlotte supposedly punched a tree (in one of her supports) and knocked it down, and that sounds like the kind of feats Effie would. Doesn’t she crush boulders and shit?

3 Likes

In canon, I don’t think it’s ever discussed but Charlotte is certainly incredibly strong with the tree incident you mentioned and punching a faceless to death with her bare hands in her support with Xander. While that is impressive, Effie crushes granite with her bare hands which is a far greater act of strength so I’d say she’s still ahead.

8 Likes

It’s bold of you to assume fates writing is good enough to have a consistent canon, when the characters personality and competence changes on a dime (see the classic "support Xander vs story Xander)

2 Likes

I don’t think we can REALLY say X chara is as strong as Y chara if it isn’t clearly said.
In supports and others, Charlotte is depicted as a very very strong woman who play the damsel in distress for picking guys when Effie is basically depicted as a bodybuilder so we can’t really know if one is stronger physically than other but if we just take into account their depicted strenght, Charlotte is very likely a incredibly strong fighter when Effie is an also incredibly strong fighter who whole life is around building muscle.
So in short : Bodybuilder vs athlethic woman. Bodybuilder got more brute force than athlethic

5 Likes

):

What is that.

1 Like

In real life, while bodybuilders are clearly stronger than average people, they aren’t the epitome of strength. That usually goes to strongmen or powerlifters, so I wouldn’t consider them apart (Effie & Charlotte).

It’s just funny how they’re never referenced. Do they even support each other?

1 Like

imagen

1 Like

I mean tbf people can change depending on who they are talking to and or their mood. From how I usually am on GP most would probably think I’m a very talkative person irl, which is nothing but the complete opposite of how I am. Sure some days I am more talkative than normal but the majority of the time I’m the quite person who goes the entire day without saying a single word. Even when I’m in a ps party with a bunch of my friends of 20y I’m still rarely talking that much some days, then some days I’m going ham on roasting them and they’re always surprised.

2 Likes

I love how your response to the “Fates writing bad” cheap shot (which is low hanging fruit, TBH) is to go “WeLl AcTuAlY”

:feh_popcorrin:

3 Likes

It was to point out that people change the way they are around different people. Is it still just writing, sure, but doesn’t change the fact that people change around different people.

1 Like

me when cute effie:

2 Likes

Look, it may be low hanging fruit, but I am absolutely not above taking cheap shots at fates.

Basically Fates writing is horribly inconsistent, and different characters act differently at different times. Expecting consistency is like the last thing you should expect of the game.

The question is a bit of a moot point, since I am almost 100% sure the writers literally never thought about it, so trying to compare them is a question with no true answer

1 Like

Well if I thought about it why can’t they. ):

1 Like

Head canon is not canon.

2 Likes

Tbf one of the main leading factors in Fates terrible writing is due to the fact that they did 3 different stories for a single game… and you can’t say “BuT 3 HoUsE was FiNe” because even 3H had its terrible writing. Dimitri doing in 3/4 of the routes with the only one he lives is only because you joined him and Dedue saved him, why couldn’t Dedue save him in the other 3 routes. Kronya’s whole “5 seconds of story” etc. Did 3 Houses did better when it comes to the supports definitely, but doesn’t change the fact that it still has its terrible writing here and there.

1 Like

I mean, no game is perfect, but 3H is largely superior to fates in every way.

Part of the reason for that is probably because of fates, but even so, 3H is really just a well written game.

Not perfect, nothing is, but still very well written.

1 Like

I mean yah no game is perfect. But the biggest difference between the multiple stories of Fates and 3H is that Fates has 3 entirely different routes with the only parts being the same is like what the first 3 chapters or something like that, while 3H for the first half of the game its entirely the same regardless of which if the 3 lords you choose with the only difference being who starts on your team. It wouldn’t surprise me if they had a different team working on each of the 3 stories of Fates which lead to its terrible writing for its story, if they had just focused on Revelations only and didn’t do Birthright and Conquest I’m sure it would probably have been far better written.

That and one thing 3H did a billion times better than Fates is having all 4 routes in a single game and not releasing it in 3 different games with Church route being a “dlc route” like they did with Fates

1 Like

Charlotte may have punched the tree. But Effie would have bit it in half and swallowed it’s children if it meant attaining new levels of power.

And in terms of combat ability Effie is a retainer, being selected as the personal guard of Nohrian royalty you need to be the absolute cream of the crop. Although Effie and Arthur are possibly the weakest set of retainers barring Hinoka’s group which are easily the worst.

Through stats Effie joins with 13 str as opposed to Charlotte’s 15. But considering level and join time, Effies strength blows her out of the water especially if she was used during chapter 10 to choke certain points for defense. Charlotte comes 7 chapters after Effie with a large enough deficit in strength to put her behind. But on a mechanical level they both give their children the same strength modifier at +3

4 Likes

Have you seen Corrin’s retainers, 2 Maids, a Butler, and an old man

3 Likes

From what we know of the feats they’ve accomplished, I would say that we can tell for sure that Effie is physically stronger than Charlotte. Charlotte knocked over a tree with her bare hand; but Effie is hauling boulders and crushing granite with her bare hands. One of those requires a significantly higher level of physical strength than the other.
Hell, Charlotte knocked over a tree; but Effie benches trees, as I recall.

2 Likes