Ahoy there, feel free to debate or ask questions.
This is not an in-depth review, but a shorthand on whether this banner is worth your SQ.
SSR Ibuki-Douji (Saber)
- She’s the only Buster Saber with an up-front 50% battery
- Her NP is one of few in the game with both ignore invincibility & defence, among AoE Servants only Kiara can make the same claim
- Glows up substantially with Hikari Koyanskaya, largest crits among Buster Sabers
- Fully compatible with Yami Koyanskaya, with synergistic soft-mitigation
- Best defensive utility out of the AoE Buster Sabers (NP seal/def up/damage cut)
- No hard survival skills, needs additional def up (e.g. Waver/Yami Koyanskaya) or external hard survival (e.g. Reines, Merlin, Castoria)
- Only 1 Arts card, until Koyanskaya releases a BBB deck is very bricky for NP renewal
- Traditional farming needs a kaleidoscope+ML and 3x50% chargers until Koyanskaya releases
- No star gather to complete her crit kit; needs help to crit consistently
- Atk buff only lasts 3 hits including NP, leaving you needing to choose between decent NP steroids and actually critting with her chunky face cards
- Not top end of Buster from a farming perspective when Koyanskaya releases, merely good
Verdict: Not worth pulling
- If you want a Saber looper specifically right now, Muramasa at New Year will perform better in most content with a borrowed Castoria and skilled budget supports until 6th anniversary
- If you need a 5CE Buster looper you are better off holding off for Arjuna (Alter) rerun or Morgan
- Melusine will be able to run 6CE and put out more consistent farming damage and has native ignore invincible (but not def) on NP, or Black Grail at 5CE and do much more damage
- Her strength (maintaining high buffs vs unremovable invincibility/defence up) is only relevant to certain CQs, and the 1SQ to revive costs much less than rolling Ibuki
SR Medea Lily (Caster)
- Highest burst healing in the game
- Buff removal resist is a rare buff and usually 1 turn or 1 time in 3 turns, this is a full 3 turns
- AAA deck is ideal for supports, allowing you to Arts chain to use their NP
- 100% NP battery
- Offers no offensive steroids
- Doesn’t speed your team’s NP’s up either
- No debuff removal on skill means she can’t cleanse a stun when you need to use other Servants
- Healing is burst rather than a HoT (heal over time) or Max HP Increase; she is likely to overheal
- No debuff immunity on NP - worse than Nightingale (Berserker) for your main target, and worse than Asclepius at guatanteedgimmick prevention
- Nightingale (Santa) offers the same debuff remova resist if you have her, but also offers offensive steroids
Verdict: Not worth pulling
- No sustained healing
- Worse than welfare Nightingale & story lock 3 star Asclepius at this role
- Castoria offers debuff cleansing without slowing your team down, and offers fantastic mitigation. Borrow her instead, preferably with OC up.
Babbage/Paracelsus are gen pool 3 stars and thus not worth discussing as a banner incentive. They will come with time.
CEs are gen pool and it is not worth rolling a banner for “increased” Kaleidoscope/Black Grail pull rates when the banner isn’t offering Servants you want.
These rates are awful and you need to spend a grotesque amount of SQ or be extremely lucky to walk away what you want even without event CEs hogging the rate-up.