Is it possible for a new account to get a free SSR to bond 5 in 2 weeks?

So a friend of mine wants to get into FGO and I told him it’s a good time due to the free SSR campaign. But since there are only 2 weeks to level up the SSR to bond 5 (a condition for it to become permanent) after the end date of the ticket obtain period, is it possible for a new account with a low AP count to do it in time?

2 Likes

I made a new reroll account on my old phone at the start of the campaign just because and was able to pretty easily finish waver’s bond (and he’s tied for the highest bond requirements in the ticket group) thanks to the fact that you get ap faster than you can spend it a lot of the time on a new account. If someone put the time in to grind out the bond and didn’t slack until at least getting that task done, it shouldn’t be hard to keep any given ticket servant.

5 Likes

2 weeks is plenty of time, just tell them to keep doing dailies and story chapters while using the SSR. Even with just nat AP, I think it’ll only take a few days.

2 Likes

Don’t forget the Asc1 requirement too!

But 2 weeks is plenty of time, if as already said, they do not slack. I would also recommend taking Teatime supports to maximize bond everywhere.

4 Likes

If it is possible to do in 2 weeks, which are some good early game bond farming spots?

1 Like

Just keep playing the main story to unlock better farming spots.
Or play the event if the requirements have met.

3 Likes

Story. Tell them to do story, early BP gain is best found on story nodes till at least America/Camelot iirc.

They will probably also need to spam ember nodes to level the SSR to Asc1, and that’s not half bad either. Recommended advice from me is clear till Orleans → Spam highest rarity ember nodes till the point that every run leads to Master Lvl up → Go back to story, clear till Okeanos at least, maybe London too.

2 Likes

I dont think the main problem is bond. Its the mats(materials). If you have the mats, you can theoretically bond them in a few days of proper grinding and with a support servant that has a bonding CE.

A buddy of mine started playing FGO while the SSR ticket was up and they were able to keep the ticket SSR after about 3-4 days, events can help with this a lot

And the Summer 4 rerun is easily accessible after clearing Fuyuki

1 Like

Bond 5 will be easy since story stuff guve decent bond points but ascending might be an issue

a brand new player running story is going to be drowing in excess AP because of the constant level ups. The story also give enough pieces for the 1st ascension so I wouldn’t be surprised if the requirement is met before London

4 Likes

I did it in a day with only a couple apples and only 3 slots of bond farming CEs. But it does depend on the servant how much work it’s going to be. Napoleon is a friendly chap who gets to bond 5 in about 20k points total. But the tsundere servants… Some of them are 20k on just one bond level on the road to 5 and take more time.

2 Likes

This. It is very doable as long as the friend in question keeps playing/reading the story or doing Chaldea missions. Most times you will end up with AP counts of 600+/70 or something along those lines. It’s honestly difficult to get rid of AP in the beginning.

Also for the ascension, the mats are very easy (story/training), but special ascension is always an option, right?

1 Like

i started playing during last april and i got my free ssr to bond five in i think…3 days? Very doable lol

1 Like

oh hey i’m this person lol

3 Likes

If I remember right, I don’t think the special ascension feature can be used for the free SSR…

4 Likes

I think you are correct on that one, my mistake.

3 Likes

As said, just continue spamming story. Bond gains are huge there, you’ll be Bond 5 within a day with some free time. First ascension is just silver pieces, they come from the daily training grounds.

If you picked Waver, you can farm Orleans for that first ascension if you need to get your pieces before the next daily is available:

3 Likes

to put it simple, without a doubt