Is it worth to lv100 Painter Summer CE?

Hello i like to ask, did Painter Summer CE ( hokusai summer CE ) is worth to be raised to lv100 ? Altho most of my current raised servant is buster-based. And if its not worth, is there any next free MLB event CE that worth to raise to lv100 ? ( especially one that able to support buster ). Thanks in advance

3 Likes

For Arts I would argue that Demonic Sun-Princess from the current event would be better because of it being pure attack. Another free MLB event CE worth max levelling is Trace of Christmas which will arrive this Xmas and is like Painting Summer but for Quick and with pure attack (Quick +10%, NP gen +10%, 50% NP gauge).

8 Likes

unless you love the artwork, never level split stat ces. you won’t get any of the return as the ce’s effects don’t scale with level

there aren’t any free buster ones from here on til current jp time. your 2 best free ces are going to be from the current summer even with heavenly demonic princess (or whatever na calls it) or the lotto ce for this year’s christmas ce. if you’re looking for a decent buster ce, this year’s valentine’s event had a decent buster ce with great art to boot.

summer event

christmas event

valentine’s event

5 Likes

Hoo the Suzuka CE isn’t it ? But can i obtain the MLB of it if i like only play half of the event ? Cause i’m aiming to nore focused to farm quartz from push story for Merlin now ( and since i got 0 sq and 0 FP currently so quite hard to push the event and no Bella/Mona Lisa either )
And idk about quick-based CE cause there no quite good quick servant in my roster ( aside Marie ) rn and no skadi either

If you don’t have the older better options in the forms of GS, HNS, and Royal Icing, sure. It’s a better option to consider leveling when Saber Caster gets released, but the only time I’ve chosen to use it when having the option to use Royal Icing, Smiling Face, and Black Grail was Valentines 5 on JP because of how the 27 enemies in 3t rush fight worked.

4 Likes

Honestly, no idea. I know that we get copies from missions and they occasionally drop from free quests but not much else. In fact, so far I don’t even have a single copy…

1 Like

You can get all 5 copies from the mission rewards I think, but the last one is locked behind finishing the main story.

Other than that, there is a very small chance that it was drop and a free quest reward.

1 Like

Agree with the other comments for the most part, that said, I did level mine to 62 and I think that’s reasonable. There was a small stats gain and I don’t plan to level it further since I don’t think the gain is significant enough to warrant the exp costs.

2 Likes

So far I’ve only managed 6 lvl100 CEs in 3.5 years. Taking one to max is a huge investment in exp. And in anticipation of summer 3 I was all for maxing it because I knew I would never roll enough for mlb MGoS. And then that split stat just stared me in the face and I couldn’t do it. Not after so long feeling the difference a lvl100 pure atk CE gives you. Maybe in the future if I feel the need for more np gain on arts looping and need the slight boost in atk, but for now I’ll stick with my current lvl100 50% charge CEs

6 Likes

I took mine up to about 50 or so. There was a noticeable improvement and made it easier to hit the right looping numbers with Jeanne until I get a better starting Arts CE. This event will make that happen. SurfMo is fine with a regular KScope, but Jeanne needs more of a push.

You can hit 50-ish with a single CE bomb. It’s not worth the resources to go further.

6 Likes

this. My HNS was at ~60ish and it’s already fine with about 1400 atk, the 30-40% atk increase from lvl60 to 100 is very expensive exp wise.

3 Likes

Split stat CEs are pretty much never worth leveling. There just aren’t any combinations of CE effects that can compensate for an extra 1,000 base attack.

I would strongly recommend against skipping Summer 4. Hot Suzuka is one of the better general use CEs in the game, kind of like a slightly-worse HNS, so it’s well worth your time, not to mention all the other rewards you can get from the vent, such as lores and such. Story will always be there, and skipping opportunities now for the possibility of a payoff later is not good for the long-term. Merlin is a HUGE boost to an account, but there is no guarantee you’ll get him with your hard-earned SQ, while you can be sure to reap the rewards of the event.

10 Likes

I have 4 L100 CEs namely HNS, Sumo, AD & SCrystal.

I find the Painting Summer CE is quite useful and was planning to bomb it to 100 for the 1k attack. Maybe i’ll split ce bombs and give the other half to Dive to blue and both will have 840 attack at level 79.

However, my next priority is the Fondant au Chocolat then the Another Ending or Royal Icing CEs so Painting summer is low priority.

4 Likes

Seems like kind of a waste of bombs for 2 CEs that are outright inferior to the ones you already have. When would you ever use D2B or PS when you could have AD, HNS, or GS? The extra overkill from the damage increase of the latter three will make up for the arts effectiveness and/or NP gain buffs.

2 Likes

I have it at lvl 32, my plan is to level it a little more to reach at least 500 Attack because it annoys me to have a random number like the current 484 its a CE that I use a lot right now it, but Im not sure if it would be usefull for me in the future, and the amount of exp required for lvl 100 doesnt seems worthy for the amount of stats it gives.

1 Like

Without breakbars or need to loop there is no need for the Art effectiveness CE for me.

So far i want an Art ce technically for looping or np gain. Too bad there isnt a free 50% Arts Ce with full atk.

I do have an extra level 19 MLB HNS CE and L20 BG but I’m already inundated with damage CE so looking for Arts flavor.

1 Like

Traces of Christmas will be my next CE bombing goal after Fondant au Chocolat so PS is definitely in the back burner.

I don’t think there’ll be another good Art looping CE than PS so it will probably be my next target after Christmas.

1 Like

If it’s just flavor you want, then have at it. But even at level 100, you’ll do more damage with AD on an arts servant than with D2B or PS.

2 Likes

Some comps really appreciate what PS offers.

I don’t think levelling it to 100 is terrible, but there’s always better options to do first imo.

2 Likes

Don’t do that. The amount of quartz you get from the story is not worthy of letting go of a good servant like Houkusai.

3 Likes