Is Leaf the new best support?

Sooooo most of my support needs have been filled by Rosa, but Leaf is looking particularly tempting right now. While she gives move gauge +2 instead of Rosa’s 3, Leaf gives a stat boot to Eevee too. I honestly would have liked it better if it was for the other 2 allies instead of just Eevee. Also, the fact that Normal has no type advantages is kind of a let down too. I might just stick with Rosa and keep saving. I think Rosa is cuter anyways :catdance:

Anyways, what do you all think about Leaf? Any other favorite support sync pairs? I know Phoebe’s another favorite I think.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say she is the best support. Her real buffs to allies only come from the sync move, which some people may find undesirable for situations where every bit of damage counts and you’re racing to defeat the enemy before he launches his sync move and starts battering you with heavy moves. The self Atk buff sounds nice but 1. Normal is not SE against anything and 2. we already have Solgaleo as a Steel type physical striker. While combined with Benefactor (aka Baton Pass) it can really help out strikers in Co-op, this makes it pretty bad in Single player.

However, Leaf’s sync move is the only move in the entire game to buff allies’ accuracy, which a lot of strikers desperately need (like Kris, Brendan and Lance), so no regrets pulling ofc. (Unless they decide to actually change it to Speed)

1 Like

Turns out that it buffs Speed instead of Accuracy. Imo Leaf & Eevee should receive that passive that lowers the amount of turns needed for Sync Move, since Evoboost doesn’t deal any damage. Maybe Sync Grid expansion brings that, whenever that happens.

2 Likes

You mean Momentum?

1 Like

Idk, but with the getting hit by enemy Sync Move doesn’t return stats to normal change thing synergizes with this pair p well. :ok_hand:

1 Like

She already has Impervious, sooo… no biggie for Eevee.

The point is that by lowering the amount of turns, you can pass all the buffs to the next SP faster instead of buffing with the striker only to switch to Eevee and lose the selfbuffs that striker had used.

No, I mean Adrenaline, it ranges from 1 to 9, so let’s call it Adrenaline X for the purpose of explaining. Apparently how it works is it lowers by X the amount of turns needed to use the sync move (X being a number in the range of 1 to 9, ofc). That information can be found at: https://www.serebii.net/pokemonmasters/passiveskills.shtml

Depending on the number, it would work wonders with Eevee and I believe it would still be balanced perfectly for co-op, but only if it works exclusively for the respective Sync Pair that has it.

2 Likes

Oh, I see. Momentum would still be nice tho.

1 Like

Ohhh yeahhh.
Welp, scratch that. That change is good overall, regardless. xd

1 Like

Phoebe is still pretty much essential to have, but leaf is also really strong in co-op. Doesn’t do that much in single player though.