Is Lysithea unfair?

So I’m picking up my Golden Deer playthrough again, and I had a lot of trouble picking a dancer. I ended up settling on Lysithea, in part because her dialogue, it seems like she’d have a lot of fun doing it. Beyond that however, it’s a class with access to magic as well as sword prowess. Which for Lysithea means Thyrus and Thunderbrand.

Seriously, we all know that Lysithea can kill Death Knight because cavalry effective tome, but when you realize she can use a superpowered brave sword and a +4 range dark magic with 6 movement AND the utility to dance and heal… I just don’t know, guys. I’m scared.

1 Like

Her immense power is put in check by the fact that if anything sneezes on her she dies.

She’s incredibly strong though yeah, she might not have as many downsides as other students as you generally want them to avoid hits anyways, but if she does take a hit she just sort of dies.

4 Likes

if shes strong why would you make her a dancer then?

1 Like

This can be countered by Vantage. She’s got enough bulk to not be one-shot by any non-boss.

1 Like

And she has Warp on top of it all :tooobin:

1 Like

Her attack is on the low side, so Thunderbrand isn’t as effective as you think. If you want her to use swords, Levin sword or the combat art Soulblade are far more practical. Not that you need them, with the amount of spells she has.

Rather, every stat other than Magic, Dexterity and Speed is on the low side… She’s minmaxed to the limit.

1 Like

Yeah her str is so low Thunderbrand will almost always do 0x4… The only way her str could be average (at best) is if you spam str item on her…

Me at this title

4 Likes

Honestly, I do find using Lysithea to be a bit of a cheesy way to play the game. Even if she is frail, what does it matter? The upsides outlay the downsides, and she’s just, not fun to use. Honestly, I’d recommend using a different mage; not for better performance, but for even a little bit of challenge

It’s not like she can really use Thunderbrand tho…

No, I don’t agree she’s unfair. I got into a very bad situation in Chapter 12 where I made the mistake of leaving on her own because I didn’t expect the boss to move, and the boss and their cohorts all made a beeline for her – and all were capable of killing her in one hit. She only got out of that alive because of RNG (they had 25-ish percent chances of hitting her when I hid her in a forest, which, while unreliable, is still uncomfortably high when she dies in one hit).

Also her Strength is much too low for Thunderbrand to be of use to her. It’s much better left on Catherine.

2 Likes

That’s more so player error tho. I got really lucky with my Lysithea tho and she can survive a hit and she completely heals with Nosferatu. She is a bit OP

1 Like

That’s fair enough. Still, her extreme squishiness means some care should be used with her. Unlike my Ferdie who I can throw in against almost anyone and he’ll either dodge tank it or face tank it. I actually checked his matchup against the Death Knight in that chapter and he fared surprisingly well outside of the 20ish% chance of being crit.

2 Likes

fortress knight lysothea is better tho… with bolt axe she tanks everything with 40 def and murders everyhing with 40 mag and her pavise nearly always procs with that 35 skill stat

Nice meme builds.

I’m not planning on using Catherine so I figured I’d throw Thunderbrand at Lysithea for meme purposes. After all dancer Lysithea is going to be a meme anyways.

1 Like

I dunno. I went through most of Part I planning to make Linhardt my dancer only to change to Ferdinand at the last second on a whim because I thought it would be funny and he wound up being extremely good, so anything is possible.

my lysithea always has mediocre speed at best, though. during my golden deer playthrough, she was level 45 with 25ish speed

Dedue is the ulta boi, nothing on the physical plane can touch him

:royyes:

4 Likes

Yeah but I if you put him anywhere near a magic opponent, he gets deleted

that’s why i said physical

:royyes:

3 Likes