Is Reginn name going to be changed?

Her name backward is literally the N word.

On the website it’s listed as Reghin, like on this picture so I wondered if her name was going to be changed at some point.

3 Likes

Honestly, I hope Not.

I mean wtf, it’s the literal Name of a mythical figure. There is clearly no intended racism and whoever demands a change to a Word that - if spelled backwards - resembles an offensive Word…
I can’t even explain how stupid and narrow sighted I think this Would be.

I have never read any discussion about that before though.

33 Likes

I’m pretty sure no one would’ve even made this connection before you pointed it out…

30 Likes

Its all good bois, I asked Morgan Freeman and he gave her the N-Word pass.
Morgan Freeman yet again saves the planet

11 Likes

Hm…Idk. It’s something kinda of stupid that clearly wasn’t the intention, but I can see why IS would want to change it.
But between just a name and a offensive word, I feel like there’s no harm in losing the name.

2 Likes

It’s not from me, it’s a friend on another forum who told me.
But then I saw the name was slightly different in the sharena drawing filename.

1 Like

Must everything in 2020 be low key offensive.

I could list a hundred other names that resemble offensive things, but I’m not going to. :feh_hecstare:

18 Likes

I don’t mind her name at all, but twitter would love to have something to complain about.

11 Likes

Dieck

6 Likes

Muk

6 Likes

If you went to say Detroit and yelled Naga… do you think you would get shot?

4 Likes

No because that would be stupid. It’s a word, if people get upset over it then they’re being stupid.

6 Likes

That’s a wee bit of a stretch making that correlation… It is a name taken from Norse mythology, even if using the alternative spelling of “Regin”.

In the Chinese language, the equivalent of “umm” is “nei-ge” (pronounced: nay guh), and we haven’t cancelled all the Chinese people yet, as far as I know…

4 Likes

:feh_bkhaha:

2 Likes

Finally some common sense these days

4 Likes

Imma just leave this here

2 Likes

I’m sure Robin DiAngelo will explain to you that it’s internalized racism, you just don’t realize it.

… and if you deny that’s because of your white fragility :grey_exclamation:

3 Likes

Was talking about it (and related stuff) with some people on discord the other day, and it basically comes down to context. Using it in a derogatory manner towards a black person would obviously be wrong and you shouldn’t do that (duh). But the word itself really shouldn’t be considered as bad as it is in most other contexts. It’s just a word. A word in of itself shouldn’t be offensive, how it’s used is when it could be.

4 Likes

this basically sums up my thoughts, well done

4 Likes

it basically comes to… no, nothing.

It’s not racism and anyone who says otherwise suffer from heavy leftism.
Hope they’ll find a cure :feh_genny_mug:

7 Likes