Is Y!Caeda a really good unit?

I really like her but I’m afraid if I +10 her the next dsh banner has Pirate Veronica and Halloween Grima. Is she a really great unit? Or maybe Pirate Veronica will share with Lachesis instead?

2 Likes

If you really like her then you can always just merge her off of that :feh_flaynfish:
In terms of pure gameplay though, I really don’t think she is what she was hyped up to be. She doesn’t break the game with her effectiveness and Vantage, even against some units she’s effective against.
It comes down to her stats. All of her stats but Spd are quite low. She dies easily and her effectiveness is hampered by her low base Atk. 0x1.5 is still 0. :feh_caedawut:

Pirate Veronica will most likely share with Lachesis instead because they’re the next two in line :feh_arthurthink:

12 Likes

Veronica is likely gonna share with dancer Lachesis because they’re the next two greens in line, if that helps.

Also whaling for baby Caeda isn’t really needed unless you plan to heavily use her in AR. She’s a terrible Arena scorer and non AR content is almost all too easy for the merges to be worth it.

6 Likes

Y!Caeda is very minmaxed statwise but makes up for it in her insane Omni-effectiveness and Her Belief in Love skill is there because it’s preferential it’s taking away from her niche by replacing it so she’s surprisingly balanced

All in all I’d say don’t commit unless she’s one of your favorite characters in FE history

1 Like

While Y!Caeda can be good, like @Someone_Person said, her stats are quite low (besides Speed) and, though she has effectiveness over 4 different types, some can still bypass this effectiveness and she has a glaring weakness against Blue and Red bows since her effectiveness doesn’t work on them and they are effective against her (unless she has Iote’s Shield)

So unless she’s your favorite, don’t +10 her.

As for Pirate Veronica (I have one), they are incredible powerful with high Atk and their defenses aren’t bad. While they are very slow, they make up for it with OHKOing potential. I would say definitely try for a copy of them

5 Likes

Not… really.

She’s great in AA and… that’s about it. She doesn’t have anywhere to fit in, any gamemode to really do well in.

She’s trash as an ARO carry. She’s unreliable on ARD. She doesn’t score well in Arena unless you take a superboon (+spd essentially). Even in PvE, she can be unreliable. And there are much easier ways to beat PvE lol.

People hyped her up upon release, but in reality, while she’s a good unit, she’s far from broken. There are far better options for investment out there, especially as a sword unit.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t say she’s bad by any means, she just doesn’t fit in with the current meta tbh
Arena requires the high BST and expensive SP’d skills, which she either doesn’t have or can’t inherit
The AR-D meta revolves quite heavily around nuke mages, which she cannot tank and her gimmick isn’t effective against.

She’s quite good for PvE, however, it’s just the main PvP content of FEH has trended away from one where she can do effectively

5 Likes

no she sucks
-5/10 unit
T8 at best

She’s a nice check for surtr, bike but other than that i can name better choices for flying unit to invest in . I don’t mind if she comes along but Wouldn’t waste orb on her doe. Orbs should be for gen 5 stuff :ok_hand:

Maybe against an unmerged Y.Caeda she can hit the 0x1.5 with base kit and no seal, but not a max merge one with Joint Drive Atk and Solo Atk/Def, because even my highest Def Blue unit almost dies to her when she’s max merged/DF with JDA and A/D Solo seal, obviously this is all without accounting my buffs, but even with buffs she will only survive with a little more HP

3 Likes

Yes it’s true, I also try simulator for her vs Brave Dimitri, both +10, and if Brave Dimitri initiates she defeats him surprisingly.

2 Likes

There was recently a thread on this same topic.
Y!Caeda is it worth
Belief in Love + Atk/Def Rein makes her tanky and hit hard.

2 Likes

I don’t have Halloween Grima so actually she’s the one I’m after. If she doesn’t share with Pirate Veronica then it’s too bad :(

1 Like

All of these comments saying she’s not that good make me feel even worse for getting lots of her copies and only one Byleth in the banner :catroll:

I’m training her now and I’m really liking Caeda so far.

5 Likes

It’s mostly that people overhyped her waaaaay too much at release, and that she isn’t very good for PvP content. For PvE she’s fine, but considering people thought she would literally break the game, eh.

3 Likes

I remember that after the hype died down from her release, the consensus was that she is only a big problem at high merge where her bulk and speed are decent enough to cause issues KOing her.

3 Likes

Yah like even the Blue unit with essentially the highest Def in that color still takes almost 1/3 of his hp from her

Tho obviously because he is so strong she still dies to him

Everyone kind of lost their minds at all the units she’s effective against and that she gets Vantage against them when she first came out. She would be fantastic for Arena if she were a duo and got the phantom BST. Swords in general are pretty limited when it comes to AR on both offense and defense. But, she’s definitely powerful—it’s just her typing, sword flier, that limits her from being a meta queen.

3 Likes