In Pokemon GO, there are three Teams: Team Mystic, Team Instinct, and Team Valor. All of the leaders get along with each other and they are basically, friendly competitors.
There are gyms in Pokemon GO. How they work is that:
- A gym’s color is what Team that gym is on. For example, if the gym is blue, then it is on Team Mystic.
- Up to 6 Pokemon can be deposited into a gym.
- To deposit a Pokemon at the gym, you have to be on the same Team as the gym is. Then, select the “add” icon and deposit the Pokemon you want to be at that gym.
- Fainted Pokemon, injured Pokemon, Legendary and Mythic Pokemon cannot be deposited into a gym.
- That Pokemon will defend that gym, until it is knocked out by an opposing team member.
- The time it spends at the gym is based on that Pokemon’s CP (Combat Power). Once it reaches 0, that Pokemon is knocked out and put back into your party. You are rewarded with Pokecoins, based on how long that Pokemon was deposited there for.
- You can’t power up Pokemon that are still at the gym.
- If a gym is completely defeated, it’ll turn white/gray and any team can claim that gym.
That being said, WTH!?
Keep in mind that gyms will always be taken over by other teams. This is only a game that is meant to be friendly and played with friends. If your Pokemon gets knocked out of a gym, it’s not the end of the world. There are tons of gyms for it to be redeposit in. Also:
KNOCKING POKEMON OUT OF GYMS IS PART OF PLAYING POKEMON GO! Just because your friend knocks your Pokemon out of a gym, it doesn’t make them a bad person. They’re just playing the game like how it’s supposed to be played.
Just don’t do this, please.