Karel has a budget build

Well
Since I obtained him I wanted to use him, however the thing is that he is really overshadowed by a lot of others swords that are better than him, but I still want to use him because he is cool for me, so the build I will give him is the typical fury desperation thing, though I would like giving more to him, but I think it would be wasted

Yeah ok the main reason is yum psycho swordman go slash

5 Likes

Karel be like: :feh_legaultattack:

6 Likes

IS better give Legault a good refine or we will riot
And yes Karel hot

7 Likes

Yes
and yes

4 Likes

Yeah man, unfortunately Karel stats are too outdated :feh_elisad:
Unless you really like him, or you have a spare of very rare skills, I advise you to wait for him to get an alt

4 Likes

I would suggest special spiral to make use of his PRF, but if that’s too premium, here’s a budget build I came up with that’s a little more unique and works with his PRF.

Just go all in on special damage/true damage.

6 Likes

The true budget Karel is just to use Fir :feh_thinkinglikelukas:

5 Likes

Sad but true

1 Like

Yep. The only significant advantage he has over her is atk and HP, otherwise they’re pretty much identical. But she is significantly easier to merge, plus has her above average res stat she can leverage for powerful specials. He doesn’t really have any stats like that.

2 Likes

Yes, but for the sake of @MissSugarsalt she is not a husbando.

Personally I have been interested in building her, because she plays differently than other red sword units, but I just have many other projects of higher priority.

2 Likes

Also I thought of doing a +res special spiral version, cause her attack is so low why bother?

2 Likes

Not a bad idea, I went with Wrath to stack the true damage that her weapon also gives her on specials. Those alone are a solid 20. Then with her res up to 50 from brazens there’s another 25 boost. And 64 atk with brazens is okay these days, especially with everything else in mind.

1 Like

True, I just don’t always love relying getting into that range, although her defenses are still alright enough to take a hit.

Still would probably go +res though.

1 Like

Personally I’d still suggest +atk, sub 50 base atk at +10 these days is rough. Unless you really want her to tank magic foes anyway (which to be fair she can absolutely do if built for it).

1 Like

I know that this is just joke intention but I still feel called out for my dummy brain :catlie:

2 Likes

I mean, I figured that was the actual reason you weren’t just building Fir over him.

2 Likes

My rational was that her attack wasn’t really doing anything anyway, so might as well go all in on Res.

1 Like

I mean nothing wrong with building characters because you like them, whatever that reason may be.

3 Likes

*Looks at our cute princess Eirika * :feh_eirikapat:

3 Likes

Ok but let me give a counter point: 3 of res won’t make much of a difference either.

1 Like