L!Edelgard: Brave Axe or Aymr?

Found her this morning,not only gonna ask the tile,but also if the build is good enough

And I’m honestly curious what you guys think it’s better,tbh(Gonna give her Galeforce)

I prefer BAxe due to her having a double with 60 Atk and the fact it works greatly on Raging Storm

also OT but how you guys doing? Hope everything is alright

4 Likes

Aymr is a lot better for mixed phase while Brave Axe gives her a stronger Player Phase with terrible Enemy Phase :feh_noodlegard:

Comes down to whatever you prefer :feh_birbpeek:

5 Likes

Amyr is just so good I see no reason to replace it. As long as you’re using her right, getting off GF shouldn’t be hard thanks to raging storm. Plus Amyr greatly helps her EP. Also you’re going to want heavy blade if you plan to run GF.

6 Likes

I’m a big fan of always finding ways to use preferred weapons, so I’m a bit biased here. That said, I still say Aymr, depending on what you’re using her for.

If you’re just running her for Raging Storm and possibly Galeforce, Brave Axe will do well enough. But Edelgard, once she gets rolling, tends to get away from the rest of her team. Brave Axe offers absolutely no defensive utility, so you’ll have to be more careful about when you charge in, and aim to either clean up a team, or hit-and-run tactics. I prefer Aymr because it gives a lot of defensive utility by cutting enemy attack and preventing follow-ups. It’s just such a useful weapon, I can’t really recommend switching off, but Brave Axe could, in theory, work better for getting Galeforce more consistently because she’s not as strong and going to need the double.

4 Likes

Don’t need to hit twice when one hit is enough :feh_edelsmug:

Also I’m Gucci.

4 Likes

Hi Gucci,I’m a bad dad joke

2 Likes

Okay, I know it seems ridiculous, but I actually disagree with this one.

When it comes to A-skill, Heavy Blade 4 seems useful, but I don’t think it’s required, and I actually like the defensive utility DC gets. Raging Storm and Galeforce is a great combo, but it’s hard to get to three KOs in one round without one of them being a dragon. She doesn’t double anything else naturally, so either she misses a KO by not one-shotting and an action is wasted, or she one-shots each and misses Galeforce by one charge after taking out two enemies. Either way, it doesn’t get her much until she’s already been in combat, which means she’s near enemies already and needs Enemy Phase potential. I find DC more helpful, not just for beating ranged foes who otherwise try to cheese her and can leave a sizeable dent in her HP, but also for charging up that Galeforce during EP so you go into each player phase with the guaranteed three actions. Both are solid options, but DC is admittedly much easier to acquire, and I think just as useful.

As for the seal, Heavy Blade is better there, but I don’t think it’s quite required for the same issues as the A-skill. You still miss out. I’ve found a Brazen skill to be a lot more consistent, because she just doesn’t take damage, and another 7 attack means virtually everything is a one-shot.

1 Like

/s

2 Likes

Depends also i have the reverse Iv’s. For mine i’m personally going for DC and her base kit.

I deserve it :catcry:

2 Likes

I was actually considering using QP on mine in the seal to get GF off easier. But I’m still toying around with some different ideas.

1 Like

That could work out well. Also I don’t have HB4, so the extra 5 damage could really make a difference, in terms of what she’s able to one-shot. I haven’t ever done the calcs, because I haven’t ever gotten HB4. I doubt I will, either, now that I missed the rerun with the Spark.

2 Likes

Can’t go wrong either way really, though Brave Axe will help secure KOs, like how I use Brave Bow+ on my LChrom instead of Randgridr.

4 Likes

Legendary Brave Weapons gang

4 Likes

@Holdvar get in here with your Brave Sword LMarth.

5 Likes

Legendary Sword,Bow and Axe

ok next rival domains we’re doing that and I don’t give a ■■■■■■■ shit if there is no synergy

ffs Edel why I like you

2 Likes

I do happen to have HB4 so I’m considering it. With what I have I could do this. Could also go +def.

2 Likes

+Res for the 40/40 Def/Res. @GamingBro1

3 Likes

Probably hasn’t aged too well considering the build is almost as old as the skills on it

6 Likes

Yeah, those even defeneses are nice. The thing is that she’s technically weaker against physical units due to how raging storm works. So idk if +def would be better.