Legendary Azura x3 in one summon - 0.004% chance?

During the recent Seliph event I had no luck with any 5 star red heroes (either Seliph or another Mirabilis to merge). I think I might have used all of my luck on the following (for this event and many to come).

Prior to this summon, the 5 star focus was at an appearance chance of 10.5%. And there were 3 blue 5 star focus heroes… so I figure the odds of this are 0.0042875% … unless there is something about the summoning mechanics that doesn’t follow normal probability.

10 Likes

Wouldn’t it be (0.105)^3/3?

2 Likes

I find summoning duplicate heroes (of any rarity) far too common to just be standard probability rules.

2 Likes

I figured odds of getting 1 legendary Azura would be 10.5%/3 = 3.5%, so odds of getting 3 in the same summon would be 0.035^3 =0.000042875 or 0.004%

3 Likes

I’ve never had the same focus hero in the same circle, so the probability fits in my perspective.

2 Likes

Yeah, this is correct.

2 Likes

Can I borrow your luck for the 3h summer banner?

1 Like

RNG is a funny beast.

6 Likes

One of the first Banners after WT!Reinhardt’s banner I pulled a double Rein Circle so not only red hell but he was off focus.

Also twice while going for S!Laegjarn I got circle that included both S!Helbindi and OG!Ike (I always pull full circle if I can whenever I pull a 5*). Things like that seem a bit fishy when it comes to RNG and probability.

2 Likes

I see you, and i raise you one Azura + 2.5 Seliph (first circle on that banner too!)

1 Like

This happened to me but with Lute last year (old deleted account) 3 Lutes in the 3 blue orbs.