Leila support partners

So I was lucky enough to pull Leila earlier today and I’ve been trying to decide on who to support her with. I figured I can’t be the only one mulling this over so I wanted to see who everyone else paired her with!

Probably a Galeforce user or a tank. I don’t know for sure because I didn’t get her.

I paired mine with Matthew, who thrives on attacking debuffed enemies (and also because FE7 tugs at my heartstrings :broken_heart:). Anyone who wants to move in and clean up or tank softened enemies would appreciate getting swapped in to the thick of it after she attacks.

5 Likes

Mm, if I had I’d probably pair her up with Idoun, tanks can be good candidates for supporting :thinking:

Literally what I want to do,but I never invested on him.

I’m doing the same, for the same reasons. I immediately wanted to try it out, thematically, and see how it would work. Setting her up to spread Dagger and Smoke debuffs, then swap in Matthew for him to engage and tank sets him up nicely for a sizeable buff from his refined weapon. I didn’t have a Matthew prepared, so the two of them are going to be my next project; but the principle should work for any tank or Vantage sweeper, honestly.

1 Like

Matthew

Dead thread revival REJOICE!!

Why? Well, Leila is on this months banner of course, and I did grab a +Spd, so seriously looking at options!

But, I’ll also be kind enough to add great options I have seen attack my defense. I know people say Matthew of course, and great option, but people like me that haven’t invested in the game are curious about expanding options beyond him, tankers and vantagers.

• Duo Fonz is on the top of that list for tank ability, of course.
  • L Edelgard is another heavily mentioned one, but even with stride she and other armors could require maneuverability to make her work, so idk. I like the concept, tho.
  • Y Marth since he is TA my and has built in vantage seems a great option imo, especially if Leila picks out the hardy bearing user.
  • L Leif with vantage: best against lower OHKO low defense teams. Slap vantage on this guy and QP, and between him and Leila you can have 3 dead enemies just like that. Plus, cav range.
    -Baby Caeda, also for vantage fun and games. Especially a team top heavy with armor, lance axe or swords or colorless bows.

Any ones better than this?

2 Likes

Lilith turns what would be a two move swap into a potential 4 movement retreat. Not to mention she buffs everything Leila wants, and can run DC/Iote’s to be a competent enough tank.

That aside, Mathilda and Clive are both good options for the same strat, too, though they require tons more effort.

3 Likes

I use Female!Corrin with Leila, since Gloom Breath Thrives off of the debuffs.

5 Likes

Someone who uses debuffs honestly. Matthew is the sweet but still super powerful option. I’m supporting her with my F!Corrin so she can reliably get debuffs and Leila can take out a unit that F!Corrin may have trouble with.

A vantage unit is really good too. Broadleaf users are imo the best, then tanks, because you can assassinate the hardy bearing user easily

3 Likes

Duo Micaiah with a CC/vantage build :100::sparkles:

2 Likes

I paired mine (who I just pulled off the 8% banner in just 12 Orbs, woohoo!) with my Matthew, who I’ve been slowly merging over the last couple months and I’m now grinding their support level, HM, and SP in Forging Bonds. I’m waiting until next Light season to really test them out, but these builds will likely change. I’ll probably pop that Spd Smoke seal on Leila so Matthew can run a Brazen for more punch.

Any unit that thrives off debuffs will love Leila as a partner. Broadleaf users, Matthew, Ursula, Gunnthra, Saizo, B-Micaiah, F-Corrin… All excellent options.

4 Likes

Ah F Corrin, that’s a good idea. I kept seeing FF Corrin earlier which is good also but forgot about the originals refine.

@SafCar Lilith… what a great idea for a retreat! Didn’t even think of that

1 Like

I really to give Matthew more thought. That Atk just bothers me even with a +4 super boon. Especially with stronger ninjas out there with better Atk.

@Yberus if the physicals get killed by Leila, Micaiah is a great option!

2 Likes

Well I mainly built Matthew because I don’t have that stupid Broadleaf Fan and I can’t stand that it’s locked to a stupid red seasonal unit that has terrible pulling odds.

Honestly though, in my experience, that low Atk is not a big issue as long as the foe is debuffed. The debuff bonus damage is so high that Matthew can still one-shot a lot of units. Bulkier units can be a bit of a problem, but Matthew has good bulk as well, especially with blessings, and I have Miracle to give him a fighting chance against foes that force doubles, like Bold Fighter armors.

3 Likes

Lilith. I haven’t tried this because Lei won’t show up for me–hello +7 F!F!Corrin–but two warping fools together sounds hilarious to me

1 Like

I’ll probably pair mine with Gangrel :feh_flaynfish:

2 Likes

How does Matthew get miracle charged though? It looks like it would take a while (too long potentially) to do it without any CD reduction.

1 Like

I haven’t had trouble charging Miracle because Matthew usually winds up taking a hit or two before actually getting into Vantage range – he’s quite bulky, especially with Eir and Peony blessings, so he’s only in danger of being one shot by really threatening nukes like Ophelia. Now I didn’t have Leila before, so I used Aversa to provide debuffs and had Matthew initiate on either the most threatening unit or the HB unit, which also helped take a charge or two (or sometimes 3, if the foe counterattacks).

2 Likes